Stranraer v Livingston

Shouldn't be any danger of postponement here, looking at the forecast it's to be well above freezing. 

Another game we have to be winning if we want to win the league, with Airdrie at home to Stenhousmuir you'd expect them to win that. 

Be interesting to see how we line up, I see Shaun Byrne's mum sadly passed away so may not be available for this one. 

If Danny Mullen is still out I'd really like to see Dale Carrick starting, very much deserves a crack at it. 

Maybe controversial but I'd also drop De Vita out and bring in Josh Mullin, as much as De Vita is quality I don't think he tracks back anywhere near as good as Josh does, just don't feel he's a winger, and is being wasted and exposed, I'd line up Kelly, Longridge, Crighton, Lithgow, Halkett, Cadden, Pittman, Watt/Byrne, Mullin, Carrick, Buchanan.

We all know what happened the last time we travelled to Stranraer so let's hope for a much better performance this time around. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Mullen is back playing, really think we miss his energy chasing balls down up front along with Buchanan, the two of them play much the same way and they put a lot of pressure on defenders making it easier for our midfielders to pick up 2nd balls. For a wee guy Mullen is excellent in the air too, times his jumps perfectly and beats guys much taller than him.

We're on a wee winning streak away from home, 6 games in a row, lets make it 7.

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Hopefully Mullen is back playing, really think we miss his energy chasing balls down up front along with Buchanan, the two of them play much the same way and they put a lot of pressure on defenders making it easier for our midfielders to pick up 2nd balls. For a wee guy Mullen is excellent in the air too, times his jumps perfectly and beats guys much taller than him.

We're on a wee winning streak away from home, 6 games in a row, lets make it 7.

He has a cast on his wrist :(

Just now, Livithegreat said:

He has a cast on his wrist :(

I can remember McNulty playing with a cast/bandage for a few games several years ago, Mullen's is just recent though so maybe will have to let it mend a good while yet. Bit of a blow having him out, esp with us playing Airdrie in a couple of weeks.

As I understand it Mullen is out for the next couple of weeks, but should be back in time for the Airdrie game. 

We have the squad capable of covering for these injuries just now. 

Carrick is a very similar player to Mullen, no doubt he'll be a miss but it's an opportunity for someone else to come in and impress. 

The last 4 or 5 games we have played at Stair Pk the oppo have parked the bus which shows us respect I suppose but we have found it difficult to break these teams down,hopefully Livi might a wee bit more adventurous and let us play some football,the boy we have signed on loan from Aberdeen seems a good player and got a feeling that the gaffer might play him as a lone striker with Craig Malcolm in behind him,we now have probably our best 11 available,a very hard game for both teams,hopefully home advantage swings it for us.

1 hour ago, car number 7 said:

The last 4 or 5 games we have played at Stair Pk the oppo have parked the bus which shows us respect I suppose but we have found it difficult to break these teams down,hopefully Livi might a wee bit more adventurous and let us play some football,the boy we have signed on loan from Aberdeen seems a good player and got a feeling that the gaffer might play him as a lone striker with Craig Malcolm in behind him,we now have probably our best 11 available,a very hard game for both teams,hopefully home advantage swings it for us.

How is your pitch looking, hopefully better than ours so we can both get the ball down and pass it about.

9 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

As I understand it Mullen is out for the next couple of weeks, but should be back in time for the Airdrie game. 

We have the squad capable of covering for these injuries just now. 

Carrick is a very similar player to Mullen, no doubt he'll be a miss but it's an opportunity for someone else to come in and impress. 

Not convinced Carrick is much use yet so hopefully he proves his worth when Mullen is out. He's not had much game time right enough but apart from his debut when he scored with his first touch when coming on as sub I haven't seen much to be impressed by him. Wasn't at last week's game so can't say how he did there but at least he got us a penalty.

10 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Not convinced Carrick is much use yet so hopefully he proves his worth when Mullen is out. He's not had much game time right enough but apart from his debut when he scored with his first touch when coming on as sub I haven't seen much to be impressed by him. Wasn't at last week's game so can't say how he did there but at least he got us a penalty.

I've watched him 2 or 3 times in the development games and he's head and shoulders above anybody there. 

Last week he came on and completely changed the game, took the game by the scruff of the neck and really pulled us through, up until he came on I was convinced it was ending 0-0, we created 2 or 3 good chances after he came on. 

As I said in the opening post its either him or De  vita playing number 10 because De Vita isn't a winger. I'd like to see Mullen and Cadden on the wings and Carrick supporting Buchanan with De Vita on the bench. 

Just now, andylivi1 said:

I've watched him 2 or 3 times in the development games and he's head and shoulders above anybody there. 

Last week he came on and completely changed the game, took the game by the scruff of the neck and really pulled us through, up until he came on I was convinced it was ending 0-0, we created 2 or 3 good chances after he came on. 

As I said in the opening post its either him or De  vita playing number 10 because De Vita isn't a winger. I'd like to see Mullen and Cadden on the wings and Carrick supporting Buchanan with De Vita on the bench. 

Fair enough, hope you're right. We've really been needing a 3rd striker who can come in for either Mullen or Buchanan, we've had 2 on loan from Morton and then Hibs who haven't worked out, but Carrick had an injury to his hand and was out for a spell so hasn't had the best of times so far this season.

We should definitely play Carrick. De Vita is not suited to the right and we hardly ever had a right hand side against Albion Rovers, Carrick came on and instantly we looked more like scoring I'd put him in.

Archived