Ayr United v Dundee United 10/12/2016

Never been to Somerset park before, heading through on the train. I'm sure it'll be an experience anyway.

If you like facilities, don't bother.

If you like a vintage football experience, you'll love it.

Each support, covered terracing behind each goal, floodlights on, ye cannae beat it!

p.s. Make sure you are shooting towards the opposition in the first half, makes for a much better second half buzz [emoji6]

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Is the away end just (unsafe) standing?

Covered behind the goal with two outside areas along the pitch that go half way up that half.  a section of the stand and an enclosure below the stand.  

Other than places like Brechin where they let us move around  (you would probably be segregated) i cant think of anywhere you get more choice away from home. 

Covered behind the goal with two outside areas along the pitch that go half way up that half.  a section of the stand and an enclosure below the stand.  

Other than places like Brechin where they let us move around  (you would probably be segregated) i cant think of anywhere you get more choice away from home. 

And toilet facilities to die for.

I'm loving the fact that quite a few kids in school have asked me about this game. Big time recognition...finally.

I just happened to have the highlights of the 2002 cup replay on the big screen all day yesterday. Most of them weren't born but still, I talked them through the game.

4 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I'm loving the fact that quite a few kids in school have asked me about this game. Big time recognition...finally.

I just happened to have the highlights of the 2002 cup replay on the big screen all day yesterday. Most of them weren't born but still, I talked them through the game.

2002 was 14 years ago.  Did the school keep you back a few years then?  Repeating primary 6 and 7?

:P

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 07:52, I'm Brian said:

Somerset Park is the footballing equivalent of New Lanark. It's preserved to show how people existed in centuries past.

It's a beautiful looking ground. :wub:

Gutted I can't make this. Got some Ayr Utd supporting friends (is it okay you get classed as a friend pandarilla?) and it would have been great to catch up with them. Also I only have positive memories of Somerset.

On 12/6/2016 at 01:38, itzdrk said:

Predictions

We won't score but I doubt we will get horsed.   Someone to do the embarrassing 'these are the games you want to play' shite in the run up.  

It might be a shout to switch McKenna and Balatoni around. IMO between left cb and the full back is where we are weakest (all combinations). 

These are the games you want to play.

Hopefully the boys will still be buzzing from Friday's result and we keep it going with a convincing win. No defeats over December and we may be top come new year knowing hibs can always, ahem, hibs it. As others have said hopefully VDS is back cos toshney gives me the fear [emoji33] have nothing against Ayr Utd other than they have a very fat balding funster playing for them and for that reason 4-0 the dabs.

Archived