Ayr United v Dundee United 10/12/2016

Honestly don't know much about Ayr, however the stats show that they have not done too well at home in the league in recent weeks.

I'm hoping VdS is back at right back, not sure how serious his injury is.  Other than that the only potential change is up top; I thought VdV was poor on Friday but at least starting him gives the option of bringing Murray on from the bench when there are tired legs on the park.  If we start with Murray then we have no real impact players at all.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This technically should have 0-3 written all over it. Probably depends on if we take any chances that come our way and how much the Arabs are up for it.

We really are lacking a cutting edge in the 18 yard box, other than that we are actually good to watch and hard to beat ( some of the time )

Hmmm our result v Hibs was justified, but were unlucky in the Falkirk match. Only Raith and Hibs have more than deserved their victories at Somerset. We've had good results against Morton, QOS and Falkirk (in the cup), and really should have beaten St Mirren.

If DU play to their best it realistically should go like the Hibs match, but we'll be up for it. Don't see Nisbet starting, but not sure if we'll go with O'Connell instead, most likely revert back to Forrest.

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni McKenna Meggat

Docherty Adams Gilmour

Harkins McGuffie

Forrest

Subs: Hart, Boyle, Murphy, Cairney, Crawford, Nisbet, O'Connell

15 minutes ago, AyrWeGo said:

Hmmm our result v Hibs was justified, but were unlucky in the Falkirk match. Only Raith and Hibs have more than deserved their victories at Somerset. We've had good results against Morton, QOS and Falkirk (in the cup), and really should have beaten St Mirren.

If DU play to their best it realistically should go like the Hibs match, but we'll be up for it. Don't see Nisbet starting, but not sure if we'll go with O'Connell instead, most likely revert back to Forrest.

Fleming

Devlin Balatoni McKenna Meggat

Docherty Adams Gilmour

Harkins McGuffie

Forrest

Subs: Hart, Boyle, Murphy, Cairney, Crawford, Nisbet, O'Connell

McCall did say that Moore was due back in full training about a week ago and was hoping to have him back this month. I'm assuming by the lack of news however that this hasn't happened. 

Looking forward to this. Got pumped at tannadice so now we've found our feet just have a right go at them. I'd use nisbet to start and bring O'Connell on for the last quarter. The fitness macall is on about needs to be our weapon at home. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McCall did say that Moore was due back in full training about a week ago and was hoping to have him back this month. I'm assuming by the lack of news however that this hasn't happened. 

He'll not be wanting to hype it up, i assume he's training and once he's ready to be back in the squad,  he'll be there and it will be in the match preview. This might be the week, you never know!

2 minutes ago, AyrWeGo said:

He'll not be wanting to hype it up, i assume he's training and once he's ready to be back in the squad,  he'll be there and it will be in the match preview. This might be the week, you never know!

Fair point. Just utterly desperate to get him back! :lol: So toothless without him. 

4 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Craig Moore doesn't actually exist. He's a figment of our collective imagination. There's about as much chance of the chupacabra starting up front for us.

Predictions

We won't score but I doubt we will get horsed.   Someone to do the embarrassing 'these are the games you want to play' shite in the run up.  

It might be a shout to switch McKenna and Balatoni around. IMO between left cb and the full back is where we are weakest (all combinations). 

I was one of the people moaning about no out-and-out strikers earlier in the season, but at the time it was working well and since the change in shape results haven't been quite as good.

Difficult to know if it was just a purple patch in form but I wouldn't have many reservations about reverting back.

Never been to Somerset park before...

Think Dens before the subbuteo stands went up and after the maintenance guy went on holiday for a generation.

The wheels are bound to come off at some point, but not in this game. Bounce from the Hibs win leads to a 2-1 victory, Durnan and Flood.

6 hours ago, FifeArab said:

Never been to Somerset park before, heading through on the train. I'm sure it'll be an experience anyway.

Somerset Park is the footballing equivalent of New Lanark. It's preserved to show how people existed in centuries past.

Jings it's been thirty years since the wee United beat us at Somerset. Outclassed by a side that would beat Barcelona home and away later on in the same season.

My head says I can't see anything else other than an away win, but my heart says you never know. We were totally gubbed in Dundee, but since then our form has been relatively OK.  

Looking forward to it

Archived