Ryan Fraser

Malcolm Malcolm

Good bit in the Guardian today about him, how he's had to improve his diet. Basically he could get away with eating crap when at Aberdeen but got found out when he went down south.

Eddie Howe seems to rate him - too wee for Strachan though.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 21/01/2017 at 23:01, Forest_Fifer said:

Good bit in the Guardian today about him, how he's had to improve his diet. Basically he could get away with eating crap when at Aberdeen but got found out when he went down south.

Eddie Howe seems to rate him - too wee for Strachan though.

That's pretty damning on Aberdeen.  There's absolutely no reason why they should have better eating habits just because they play in England.

That's pretty damning on Aberdeen.  There's absolutely no reason why they should have better eating habits just because they play in England.

It's damning on our entire league given that Aberdeen are able to reach top 2 or 3 with players not fully taking on board need for good nutrition. I know they have a good strength n conditioning guy at Aberdeen but it still feels like players here are stuck in the dark ages when it comes to nutrition. One parallel is rugby. Took the Scottish pros years to catch up with professionalism and even at international level coming into the 00s there was a drinking and eatcwhat you like culture. That's completely out the window now and the attitudes have completely shifted. My youngest is 14 n they have diet plans n strength n conditioning sessions every week. This is replicated across the board and is resulting in huge strides forward for age grade and club sides and the national team is starting to reap benefits. Can also see how andy murrays work ethic has influenced other British tennis players like Edmund n Evans. Still think there is huge complacency in scottish football about fitness levels.

It's damning on our entire league given that Aberdeen are able to reach top 2 or 3 with players not fully taking on board need for good nutrition. I know they have a good strength n conditioning guy at Aberdeen but it still feels like players here are stuck in the dark ages when it comes to nutrition. One parallel is rugby. Took the Scottish pros years to catch up with professionalism and even at international level coming into the 00s there was a drinking and eatcwhat you like culture. That's completely out the window now and the attitudes have completely shifted. My youngest is 14 n they have diet plans n strength n conditioning sessions every week. This is replicated across the board and is resulting in huge strides forward for age grade and club sides and the national team is starting to reap benefits. Can also see how andy murrays work ethic has influenced other British tennis players like Edmund n Evans. Still think there is huge complacency in scottish football about fitness levels.

Tbf, he left during the Brown and Knox era. Those dinosaurs paid no attention to that side of the game. McInnes has brought people in and improved this greatly.

The fact that we had/have no dedicated training facilities also had a huge impact on him leaving. At Bournemouth he's able to turn up before training and stay longer after whilst at Aberdeen they get bussed out to hired training pitches from Pittodrie.

Definitely agree about your comment on the professionalism of Scottish pro's in general, just look at comments from Boyd and Ferguson recently. Let's hope that aspect is dying out.

Pah!  Nutrition!  Pah!  Training facilities!  We all know the real reason we're pish is that Scottish children, uniquely in Europe, play computer games, that there are too many clubs in Angus and that Rangers Mk. II Weans don't play enough games against Montrose.  Get stuck in, play for the jersey etc etc etc.  Anyone who says different is a poser with a [sneer] philosophy.  Football's a simple game.

Where's my deal for a Record column?

Oh, aye, I never played for one of the cheeks.  

Ask how many dandies would take a straight swap for Lee Wallace, Barry Bannan or John McGinn - and there wouldn't be many takers.

Madness. Absolute madness.

Anyone that wouldn't take Bannan or McGinn over Shinnie is either lying or insane.

On 26/01/2017 at 04:49, bigmacDFC said:

Madness. Absolute madness.

Anyone that wouldn't take Bannan or McGinn over Shinnie is either lying or insane.

I could still see McGinn leaving before the window closes.

Archived