Ryan Fraser

Malcolm Malcolm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see Fraser get a call-up for Scotland but his recent good run of form when we don't have any internationals will likely be forgotten about by the time naming the next squad comes around. Whereas the fact Barry McKay had a half decent game for Rangers in the Celtic game (which I think they lost in the end) will go down in folklore as one of the great performances by a young Scottish player in the history of the game.

If Fraser keeps this level of form up and isn't selected in the next squad then there is something far wrong, it's a huge challenge to sustain the form that he is in but even if the goals and assists dry up and he retains his place in the Bournemouth team then I think it would be very hard for Strachan to leave him out.

12 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'd love to see Fraser get a call-up for Scotland but his recent good run of form when we don't have any internationals will likely be forgotten about by the time naming the next squad comes around. Whereas the fact Barry McKay had a half decent game for Rangers in the Celtic game (which I think they lost in the end) will go down in folklore as one of the great performances by a young Scottish player in the history of the game.

If Fraser keeps this level of form up and isn't selected in the next squad then there is something far wrong, it's a huge challenge to sustain the form that he is in but even if the goals and assists dry up and he retains his place in the Bournemouth team then I think it would be very hard for Strachan to leave him out.

It seems to be ingrained in the Scottish psyche that if we have two players and one is good then the other by definition must be bad. What a miserable view.

1 minute ago, woof! said:

It seems to be ingrained in the Scottish psyche that if we have two players and one is good then the other by definition must be bad. What a miserable view.

At no point did I say that I thought McKay was bad, just that he is tremendously over-rated, especially by the media up here. It's my opinion that, on current form, I'd have Fraser ahead of McKay in the Scotland set-up and I'd probably have at least 10 midfielders/wingers instead of McKay also. That's not to say that he is a bad player, just not one that I would have involved in the Scotland set-up at this time.

I would have both Fraser and Mckay in the next squad along with Matty Phillips in fact I would have all 3 ahead of that useless Oaf Forrest who only plays because he is with Celtic of whom is he isn't good enough for either.

2 hours ago, woof! said:

Except the other here is someone who has been bang average in an inferior league with a couple of standout performances. He's not bad. He's just not very good either.

Logical move is to drop forrest and bring fraser in. Similar players but fraser is in good form at a higher level where forrest has been off boil for a while.

Forrest is usually deployed as a right winger tho and fraser's a lw so no need to drop Forrest to accommodate him. In any case if it was up to me I'd play fraser on the left and Burke on the right with snod grass in the middle. Plenty of power and pace on the wings with strength and skill at number 10

Eta: how's fraser's crossing? That's one thing we've lacked for a while - a winger with a consistently good delivery

11 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Forrest is usually deployed as a right winger tho and fraser's a lw so no need to drop Forrest to accommodate him. In any case if it was up to me I'd play fraser on the left and Burke on the right with snod grass in the middle. Plenty of power and pace on the wings with strength and skill at number 10

Eta: how's fraser's crossing? That's one thing we've lacked for a while - a winger with a consistently good delivery

that's because Strachan plays inverted wingers. It's only the full backs that cross with their favoured foot. Fraser is predominantly right footed from memory, like Forrrest and McKay. Forrest has looked better this season now that Rodgers plays him on the right.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 16:49, Peppino Impastato said:

Show me where I mentioned Joe Biden and you aren't a walloper talking site. 

I have met Dan quayle though.   How many vice presidents have you met?   Quayle is an arsehole btw

bush.jpg

11 hours ago, woof! said:

that's because Strachan plays inverted wingers. It's only the full backs that cross with their favoured foot. Fraser is predominantly right footed from memory, like Forrrest and McKay. Forrest has looked better this season now that Rodgers plays him on the right.

Are you sure? Fraser's listed as a left midfielder/left winger on Wikipedia, and on FM he can play on both sides, but left is his strength.

Wikipedia and FM... you'll never be able to trump me now ;)

Are you sure? Fraser's listed as a left midfielder/left winger on Wikipedia, and on FM he can play on both sides, but left is his strength.
Wikipedia and FM... you'll never be able to trump me now [emoji6]

Hes right footed, but seems comfortable on his left.

At least that's the impression you get from watching highlights of him

Archived