Ryan Fraser

Malcolm Malcolm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst Ryan Fraser may or may not be the answer to our national teams problems I'm pleased to see him starting to do well. He took a lot of stick when he left Aberdeen for the bright lights of Bournemouth but thinks seem to be working out for him and certainly working out for Bournemouth as a team.

In a proper world Fraser would be on the radar and included if his form merited selection. A more important reason would be to placate the Aberdeen fans so I don't hear anymore ridiculous requests for Shinnie to be called up.

20 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

In a proper world Fraser would be on the radar and included if his form merited selection. A more important reason would be to placate the Aberdeen fans so I don't hear anymore ridiculous requests for Shinnie to be called up.

Hardly ridiculous expecting Shinnie to be somewhere in the national set-up, given some of the players there - albeit McInnes isn't helping him.  Ask how many dandies would take a straight swap for Lee Wallace, Barry Bannan or John McGinn - and there wouldn't be many takers.

As for Ryan Fraser - he was a standout in a very poor Dons team a few seasons back. Looks like he's filled out and can look after himself, despite his lack of height.  Think Eddie Howe did the right thing loaning him out, and would be good to see him push on after the incredible impact he made against Liverpool.

Fair dos to Fraser. He got ridiculed for leaving the Dons for Bournemouth who were in league 1 at the time. He's had a good season with ipswich and looked a handful against liverpool. Motm after 30/35 minutes of game time. Hope he kicks on.

He should be in the squad if he keeps up that sort of performance. Similar style of player to Forrest but seems to have an end product and at a higher level.

18 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

My enduring memory of my first visit to Pittodrie is of Fraser coming on as a sub and Ross Tokely promptly booting him up in the air. 

Owain Tudor Jones was sent off for a foul on him when we played Aberdeen in 2012, I think OTJ was the biggest player in the Premiership at the time and Fraser the smallest.  He literally put him up in the air, although it was a mistimed challenge rather than anything malicious.

Bet he doesn't deal with many full backs like Tokely in the Premiership,

Haven't seen much of the guy. I did seem him play the Scotland U21s v Macedonia and to be honest he was honking in that game.

In fairness everyone recently has looked crap at u21s.....the Sbragia / gemill factor could have a negative impact on just about any decent player.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived