Falkirk vs QOS

36 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think the first person through the "out on loan" door will be Nathan Austin back to East Fife & Kevin O'Hara coming back the other way.

I can't see Austin going out to East Fife, or anyone else for that matter. O Hara was sent out to get experience of being a first team player. I'm sure I heard the phrase "toughen him up" used at either a press conference or a fans forum. It didn't really work as EF haven't played him so he'll undoubtedly be back.

I don't see the point in sending Austin back to EF as he wouldn't be learning anything new. What he needs is (presumably) to get over these niggling injuries, as the other night wasn't the first time this season he's been subbed off early due to injury in a U20 game.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Watson's a waste of an option on the bench given that Grant's there too. Kidd would be better as he could play full back or wide right. Muirhead could move inside too if need be.

Pretty much what I said after hearing the lineup last week.

A CB sub will in most cases only come in for an injury or red card. Grant is 1st choice in that event.

If by some miracle we lost both CBs we can easily sub Kidd on and move Muirhead in. 

With Deniz, Grant, Watson and Kidd all on the bench and all highly unlikely to be used. We really aren't using the subs very well and could do better.

On the subject of Watson and Kidd I do feel sorry for them both. They got moved out the starting lineup through injury and now can't get back in. Both could easily do a job for most of this league.

4 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Pretty much what I said after hearing the lineup last week.

A CB sub will in most cases only come in for an injury or red card. Grant is 1st choice in that event.

If by some miracle we lost both CBs we can easily sub Kidd on and move Muirhead in. 

With Deniz, Grant, Watson and Kidd all on the bench and all highly unlikely to be used. We really aren't using the subs very well and could do better.

On the subject of Watson and Kidd I do feel sorry for them both. They got moved out the starting lineup through injury and now can't get back in. Both could easily do a job for most of this league.

Aye, I wasn't suggesting that Watson isn't up to it. I think he's a competent player who we know could do a decent job if called upon.

We've probably got one too many central defenders on the books than we would normally have due to being short because of Grant's injury. I'm not sure what the situation is with individual contracts but I can see both McCracken and Watson being away at the end of the season. I still think we need to sign a proper right back because I see Kidd more of wide midfielder and Muirhead as a central defender.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Watson should be back up to Grant & Gasparotto next season. Is he prepared to sit on the bench though when he could be getting a game elsewhere though? 

If his contract's not up then he probably will be. If it is and we sign a right back then I think Muirhead will be back up central defender.

1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

For some unknown reason my son wants to go to this one. Shows the optimism of youth. Are many going from Dfs? Is there still a supporters bus?

Travel Club got a couple of buses going, probably seats available, Devorgilla lads usually have a bus plus there will be the usual car and rail travellers. Obviously our current situation will have put a few off going but some of us are gluttons for punishment, and I'd hate to miss it if we do somehow upset the odds.  

52 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Did you just shorten Dumfries to Dfs? Asking for a friend.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yes he did. Standard abbreviation for Dumfries in these parts.

Thank your friend for asking. :)

Suite.

Hoping for a flukey draw but more or less expecting a heavy defeat. Just hope new manager bounce can give the players some impetus but not expecting much difference from last few games.

Archived