Falkirk vs QOS

In an attempt to end the tedium of bite-gate and because there isn't already a thread I thought I'd start this up. Big win on Saturday and I imagine we'll keep the pressure on the top 2 with a 2-0 win next weekend.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't fanny about with the formation to try and accommodate Craigen for home games. Bring him on along with Shepherd and McHugh to run at tired legs. 

Rogers

Muirhead McCracken Gasparotto Leahy

Taiwo Kerr Sibbald Hippolyte

Miller Baird

Subs: Mehmet, Kidd, Grant, Rankin, Craigen, Shepherd, McHugh

Crowd 4,316

5 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Hopefully no ugly QOS fucker tries to burst big sexy's nose again. Jealousy is a terrible thing.

Order order here!

We have no ugly players. Everyone who puts on that blue shirt instantly assumes the characteristics of Adonis.

Even Davie Dodds would have looked good if he'd signed for us.

As for the game? Too early , we've still to lose to St Mirren first

Surely the fact that we're usually crap in the first half until substitutions are made points to the fact that Houston is too negative and puts out the wrong team from the kick off. Don't start with a formation of a team that the object is not to get beaten, instead start with a team put out to win the game - there's is no team better than us when we're positive

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Don't fanny about with the formation to try and accommodate Craigen for home games. Bring him on along with Shepherd and McHugh to run at tired legs.

Rogers

Muirhead McCracken Gasparotto Leahy

Taiwo Kerr Sibbald Hippolyte

Miller Baird

Subs: Mehmet, Kidd, Grant, Rankin, Craigen, Shepherd, McHugh

Crowd 4,316

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

We need penetration and to get defenders turning. Sibbald needs to play for that to happen.

Pretty much this for me. No idea why Sibbald didn't start on Saturday, but we showed a lot more intent after HT; 5 attempts on goal in the first half compared with 9 in the second. Obviously playing against 10 men helps, but you still need make that advantage count.

It is incredibly frustrating that we mill about for the first half then turn on the style. I'd go for the same team as Saturday but with Sibbs for Rankin and go from there. I'd like to see Craigen get another chance to prove his worth and if not then back to the bench he goes.

I just think Houston wants to have 2 defensive minded midfielders in each game so we either get Rankin/Kerr or Kerr/Taiwo on the wing. I don't think it's required, particularly when we play Muirhead instead of Kidd as he's more likely to cover the midfield like he did on Saturday.

I can't understand why Sibbs was dropped. He wasn't awful against Ayr if I remember correctly. He wasn't even bad. He needs to start ahead of Rankin or Kerr (hopefully Rankin)

Houston needs to boot hippo up the arse as well. The lad showed he has it on Saturday however some of his decision making was rank in the first half. I'd start McHugh in front of Baird if we go 442. Baird always works hard but McHugh was the game changer on Saturday.

If we can start the first half with some pace and attacking prowess we'll win this with ease.

Would like to see McHugh and Miller for 90 but can't justify dropping Baird when he's put in great shifts in recent weeks. He seems to stifle our attacks though, maybe just the runs he makes off the ball, either way I'm basically using one of our most consistent players as a scapegoat.

1 hour ago, thelocalcat said:

Would like to see McHugh and Miller for 90 but can't justify dropping Baird when he's put in great shifts in recent weeks. He seems to stifle our attacks though, maybe just the runs he makes off the ball, either way I'm basically using one of our most consistent players as a scapegoat.

f**k it. 3 upfront 

I really like McHugh as a player, quick, good first touch and a finishing demon with a half-chance in the box. However, Baird and Miller have been so good recently I wouldn't want to break up that partnership. I'd rather have McHugh coming on from the bench with half an hour to go to run at tired red legs 

I really like McHugh as a player, quick, good first touch and a finishing demon with a half-chance in the box. However, Baird and Miller have been so good recently I wouldn't want to break up that partnership. I'd rather have McHugh coming on from the bench with half an hour to go to run at tired red legs 

Agree. Sadly for him, I think that's where his best impact is, and also where he got most of his goals from last year.

Archived