Dodgy SSC E-MAILS ?

Has anyone else received a strange E-mail from the SSC ? Something about a £170.00 invoice ??

Looks like they may have been hacked, if anyone does receive I certainly wouldn't be clicking on the link. 

Got one sent to my work account. Haven't been a member for 4 years but never used my work account for it, I did however get approached for the Business Club before so I'm assuming that's where they got it from.

The emails seem to have come from a genuine SFA account, noreply@scottishfa.co.uk, which means that they have probably been hacked.  It's probably just a mailing list that people have access to rather than any more personal information though.

27 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The emails seem to have come from a genuine SFA account, noreply@scottishfa.co.uk, which means that they have probably been hacked.  It's probably just a mailing list that people have access to rather than any more personal information though.

Yeah, this is the most likely.  Just using a huge distribution list to try and phish.  They'll no doubt net a handful of people who fall for it, making it all worthwhile.  Really doubt they'll have accessed anything else, but we'll see.

Facebook, as usual, is absolutely up in arms.  Anyone on the South side can join the flaming torch parade that's on its way to Hampden as we speak.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

SFA blaming a 3rd party whose database was compromised.  Just because it says it's from noreply@scottishfa.co.uk doesn't mean the SFA has been hacked.  It's very easy to spoof email addresses.

Archived