Ayr Utd v Queens Pk

Honestmen

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCall's team selection, set up and substitutions were an utter disgrace today. 

Starting to see what others are about McKenna, appalling. Meggatt miles in front of him. 

Our lack of movement was unbelievable, whilst we punted balls up to that centre half who clearly wasn't much of a footballer. 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McCall's team selection, set up and substitutions were an utter disgrace today. 

Starting to see what others are about McKenna, appalling. Meggatt miles in front of him. 

Our lack of movement was unbelievable, whilst we punted balls up to that centre half who clearly wasn't much of a footballer. 

McKenna fkn torture but heard meggats on his way. I always liked Meggat, wins plenty headers and tackles plus a goal threat. Today was garbage, we never wanted it enough anf wtf with all the passing across the back 4 then the keeper who the punts it for a 50/50.

9 minutes ago, Honestmen said:

McKenna fkn torture but heard meggats on his way. I always liked Meggat, wins plenty headers and tackles plus a goal threat. Today was garbage, we never wanted it enough anf wtf with all the passing across the back 4 then the keeper who the punts it for a 50/50.

Yup, no width whatsoever which caused this. Was blatantly obvious, so McCall puts Harkins out wide where he was totally wasted. 

Starting line up perfect for playing someone like Falkirk away from home where we need to sit back and stop them playing. Lower league team at home we should be taking the game right to them. McGuffie, Forest and dare i say Donald are the players we have who can offer something out wide. Shambles of an effort today. 

21 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Replay date?

15 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

According to Sportsound, this Tuesday Night

Pretty certain the rule book states Tuesday of the week following the next week. Time needed to sort out officials, stewards, TV cameras, expensive pies etc.

Thought we looked more likely at half-time but McCall packed the midfield and we resorted to long balls to two light strikers who were well marshalled. Midfield didn't get enough played through them to make the impact they can. A deadball play or mistake was the most likely scenario for a goal but both teams matched each other out in the end. I'd expect Ayr to be better prepared for the replay.

McGeever was our best player which probably reflects how Gus set out the team. Still, we're in the cup, for now. Best player on the park was Ayr 12.

Well done to the Yellowjaikits for applying common sense quickly and allowing the wee terrace to open.

Archived