Ayr Utd v Queens Pk

Honestmen

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, an86 said:

That sounds like they mean the west side of the stand to me, sadly.

That's exactly what it is. I hope you are all under five foot nine. If the club ask nicely you might get the enclosure opened for you. Always remember QP bringing a decent support down the road.

It's definitely the stand. Railway End not open. A disrespectful way to treat the 10 time winners of the competition. Wholly unacceptable for fans of a club of our stature to be slumming it in some wooden seated shanty.

It's definitely the stand. Railway End not open. A disrespectful way to treat the 10 time winners of the competition. Wholly unacceptable for fans of a club of our stature to be slumming it in some wooden seated shanty.

Very disrespectful to the 10 fans you will bring ????

Get players game time, don't need everyone playing. If that team hasn't got enough about it to beat QP (no disrespect) then we're in trouble.

Not playing your top players is being disrespectful...this will not be a walkover..mcCall will play what he thinks is his strongest eleven and quite rightly so.

If anyone thinks we should be resting our best players then we are seriously underestimating the opposition. We've played two league 1 teams this season and neither game was a walk in the park. Queens will be well up for this one and as McCall said they'll be very well organised.

Fleming
Devlin Balatoni Murphy Boyle
Cairney Docherty
Gilmour Harkins Forrest
Moore
Should we play our full strength team then we should in theory score a few but if we get complacent or leave any key players out then Queens will beat us.

15 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

If anyone thinks we should be resting our best players then we are seriously underestimating the opposition. We've played two league 1 teams this season and neither game was a walk in the park. Queens will be well up for this one and as McCall said they'll be very well organised.

Fleming
Cairney Docherty
Gilmour Harkins Forrest
Moore
Should we play our full strength team then we should in theory score a few but if we get complacent or leave any key players out then Queens will beat us.

Agreed,  but with Meggatt over Murphy and Mcguffie over Forrest. 

Agreed,  but with Meggatt over Murphy and Mcguffie over Forrest. 

I think we've missed Murphy's composure in recent weeks plus his passing out from the back to Moore was effective last season and could be key for the rest of the season.

I'm not bothered who plays between McGuffie and Forrest. Forrest not been great recently and this could be the perfect game for McGuffie. Either will do a job here.

1 hour ago, somerset_lad00 said:

Fleming
Cairney Docherty
Gilmour Harkins Forrest
Moore

Some of the guys on the bench like Murphy, Meggatt and McGuffie it's debatable whether they would weaken or improve the team. Should be given game time to keep fitness going as could be called upon over coming period. This season I think there's a bigger gap between our league and the one below than normal so our reserves should be enough. 

2 hours ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I think we've missed Murphy's composure in recent weeks plus his passing out from the back to Moore was effective last season and could be key for the rest of the season.

I'm not bothered who plays between McGuffie and Forrest. Forrest not been great recently and this could be the perfect game for McGuffie. Either will do a job here.

I enjoy watching Murphy play so don't have an issue with him playing but feel Meggatt is the best option for league games. 

18 hours ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Should be closed on health & safety grounds. 

West Stand Ayr 2.JPG

Such a beautiful sight :wub:

If only we could find someone else to pay for an upgrade we would have a 50000 seater stadium as well.

Archived