Ayr Utd v Queens Pk

Honestmen

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

A game Ayr will rightly be expecting to win. However, I'm sure Ian McCall will be pointing out to his players that we've beaten three full-time teams, including Morton, this season.

Any pressure that exists in relation to this tie is on Ayr. If they have an off day or approach it in the wrong manner, we certainly have a wee chance. However, all things being equal, it's a game they should win.

Hopefully we play as we have done in recent times and give a good account of ourselves. We've generally been solid and well organised, but we've got some useful footballers as well and can play a wee bit.

Somerset Park is always an enjoyable trip. A proper ground. An injury time 3-2 win, similar to the league game 10 years ago, would do nicely.

24 minutes ago, an86 said:

A game Ayr will rightly be expecting to win. However, I'm sure Ian McCall will be pointing out to his players that we've beaten three full-time teams, including Morton, this season.

Any pressure that exists in relation to this tie is on Ayr. If they have an off day or approach it in the wrong manner, we certainly have a wee chance. However, all things being equal, it's a game they should win.

Hopefully we play as we have done in recent times and give a good account of ourselves. We've generally been solid and well organised, but we've got some useful footballers as well and can play a wee bit.

Somerset Park is always an enjoyable trip. A proper ground. An injury time 3-2 win, similar to the league game 10 years ago, would do nicely.

Going by this I take it you will come to sit in and play on the counter? 

I wouldn't rest anyone but would get Meggatt back in. If Queens come to sit in then we need pace out wide and not our usual slow build up. 

Fleming 

Devlin            Balatoni      Meggatt        Boyle 

Gilmour          Docherty     Cairney        Mcguffie

Harkins

MOORE :thumsup2

40 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Going by this I take it you will come to sit in and play on the counter? 

I wouldn't rest anyone but would get Meggatt back in. If Queens come to sit in then we need pace out wide and not our usual slow build up. 

I wouldn't say that we'll come and "park the bus" or anything. We're usually well organised and defend well as a unit, but when we're in possession it's not always just a case of getting the ball forward/into the box asap. We've got guys in the team who can pass the ball. The pitch has always been in good nick when I've been down. Is that still the case? I think we'll have a relatively decent support down for this one. Not as many as you'd get for league games, but I think we'll have a couple of hundred anyway.

55 minutes ago, an86 said:

I wouldn't say that we'll come and "park the bus" or anything. We're usually well organised and defend well as a unit, but when we're in possession it's not always just a case of getting the ball forward/into the box asap. We've got guys in the team who can pass the ball. The pitch has always been in good nick when I've been down. Is that still the case? I think we'll have a relatively decent support down for this one. Not as many as you'd get for league games, but I think we'll have a couple of hundred anyway.

You're obviously doing very well in the league, haven't seen you but sounds a bit like Albion Rovers last year when they came up. There's certainly nothing in our team that should worry you, particularly if you're organised. 

The pitch has been looking pretty good so far this season. 

19 hours ago, an86 said:

That was as gutted as I have ever left a football ground. Summed up perfectly the predicament we found ourselves in at the time.

On paper we should win, but this is Ayr we are talking about. Hopefully a comfortable win with a few goals to get some confidence, but not having won for so long there is definitely no expectation for this outcome, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a replay at Hampden

Anyone know if the prices have been set yet? We normally drop them a bit for games like this in the cup.

On 1/15/2017 at 13:48, an86 said:

7 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

That was as gutted as I have ever left a football ground. Summed up perfectly the predicament we found ourselves in at the time.

Just looked at the highlights from that season and both league matches at Somerset finished 10 v 10 (and Alex Williams should have been sent off at Hampden for a sly kick at the goalie). Don't remember any animus between the teams!

Archived