Ayr Utd v Queens Pk

Honestmen

59 minutes ago, conley said:

The QP posters on here come across as decent and fair. Most of them have shown real class in the way they have accepted going out of the cup via penalties which is always hard to take. Its a real shame their manager couldnt show the same class. He has gone on a rant about the arrogance displayed by the refs in Scotland. He has a cheek..i have first hand experience of Gus being a total arrogant p___k.

I clearly can't comment on your personal experience and you're welcome to your opinion on the 'arrogant referee' story but it would be better if you could put up a link to the story so others can compare their views. I've popped it in below for you.

I stand accused of bias no doubt but it's refreshing actually to see a manager offer his opinions so clearly. This is a match thread so you are welcome to post on the QPFC thread if you want. From various comments I've viewed over the season I suspect Gus is in the majority on this one.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15047891.Gus_MacPherson_says___39_arrogant__39__SFA_not_interested_in_concerns_over_refereeing_standards/

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, conley said:

The QP posters on here come across as decent and fair. Most of them have shown real class in the way they have accepted going out of the cup via penalties which is always hard to take. Its a real shame their manager couldnt show the same class. He has gone on a rant about the arrogance displayed by the refs in Scotland. He has a cheek..i have first hand experience of Gus being a total arrogant p___k.

I suppose his comments could be interpreted by some as sour grapes but he moans at officials even when we win so at least he's consistent. Certainly more consistent than Cook and his officials the other night, they were fuckin awful. Not the reason we lost though 

6 minutes ago, Mick1867 said:

I suppose his comments could be interpreted by some as sour grapes but he moans at officials even when we win so at least he's consistent. Certainly more consistent than Cook and his officials the other night, they were fuckin awful. Not the reason we lost though 

Burns would probably have taken a spot-kick before Fotheringham. We'll never know.:(

Three out of the four Ayr bookings were justified. Not sure about Docherty's. Could only imagine it was for dissent.

Suspect I'm going to upset a few, but the guy that was sent off deserved both of them. You bang the ball down like that after giving an official a mouthful  you would be lucky to get away without a booking.

I'm not suggesting the ref had a good game, but I don't recall any of the bookings being too controversial. Soft perhaps . At the time as well I thought it was a corner as the ball ever so slightly brushed the QP player's shin.

2 hours ago, conley said:

Nothing he said wasn't true. Does anyone who watched that think it was an 11 bookings game? He set the tone by booking McKernon for the first foul of the game. The boy catching the ball and not being booked was a farce when he was booking for every niggling first offence. Zero consistency. 

By no means am I saying it was a one way thing btw. A few utterly bizarre free kicks given our way as well. It was the worst refereeing performance I've seen this season by some distance.

5 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

You weren't standing ten feet away.

Correct I wasn't. However  i did have an excellent view of it, something which the entirety of the QP support and the cameras did not.

Archived