LLLLLL V LLLLLL (Qos v St Mirren)

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Queens could have scored more, but we were solid defensively so because we parked the bus and made it hard to score against us we are lucky?

Just according to the radio report.

Think they said first goal was first shot on goal, second a penalty - and that Queens put you under a lot of pressure.

I wasn't at the game at St Mirren Park, but the highlights (from Dumbarton) showed Saints as being by far the better team - but couldn't score and then Langfield passed the ball to one of your players.

Totally understand that as a part time team away to full time teams a sensible strategy is to park the bus and hope for a draw, or to score on any rare attacks you may have.

My point was that Queens losing to Dumbarton isn't necessarily a sign of how bad Queens are.

49 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Very tough one to call, this. Two terrible teams on a freezing cold night says 0-0, but those defences are so pish.

BTTS might be the best shout, but I really couldn't call which way it's going to go.

I'll go 2-1 Queens.

Actually, that's an excellent shout!

When did either team last keep a clean sheet?

Spartans even scored against us last week!

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Actually, that's an excellent shout!

When did either team last keep a clean sheet?

Spartans even scored against us last week!

12th November against Alloa in the cup. 

In the league, its 1st October against Dumbarton. That was actually the middle of 3 clean sheets in a row. We havent kept one in the 6 league games since

23 minutes ago, Mr X said:

12th November against Alloa in the cup. 

In the league, its 1st October against Dumbarton. That was actually the middle of 3 clean sheets in a row. We havent kept one in the 6 league games since

9 minutes ago, Div said:

We haven't kept a clean sheet since we played Edinburgh City on 30th July.

We have conceded in all 18 matches since across all competitions.

No wonder Sky Bet are only offering 8/13 for both teams to score!

Wonder if in the history of football betting, a team - playing another in the same league - having lost 6 straight league games - goes in to the 7th and is odds on!

27 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

No wonder Sky Bet are only offering 8/13 for both teams to score!

Wonder if in the history of football betting, a team - playing another in the same league - having lost 6 straight league games - goes in to the 7th and is odds on!

8/13 is pretty much standard for btts so a decent price for this game. Saints to win and concede is 6/1 which seems a great price since both teams are equally pish then either could win.

Having just watched the highlights from the post above, I'd have to say that Dumbarton were very lucky indeed to get any points at all.  It's virtually a Queens-only package, and some nice play in there as well.  Danny looks a handful, just like in the Good Old Days.  Just our defending looks feeble, I particularly "enjoyed" the run-up to the first goal, I think, where we all stand off and Higgins (?) backs away from 10 yards away from the ball, with his hands clamped firmly over his b*ll*cks!

Still expect to lose tonight, though....

26 minutes ago, oldhat said:

Having just watched the highlights from the post above, I'd have to say that Dumbarton were very lucky indeed to get any points at all.  It's virtually a Queens-only package, and some nice play in there as well.  Danny looks a handful, just like in the Good Old Days.  Just our defending looks feeble, I particularly "enjoyed" the run-up to the first goal, I think, where we all stand off and Higgins (?) backs away from 10 yards away from the ball, with his hands clamped firmly over his b*ll*cks!

Whatever you do don't beat them easily it's just not worth the whining/bitching/false accusations

34 minutes ago, oldhat said:

Pretty impressive feat to back away while sitting on the bench - he may or may not have had his hands clamped firmly over his balls, it was cold

Two poor sides who are on long losing streaks on a miserable Tuesday night in December. Credit to all those going to this one tonight, especially the travelling fans, I'm certainly not.

Something has to give? Or not. Going to go for a draw which won't be much use to anyone.

1-1.

I`ll put my neck on the line and say that St Mirren won`t win this one, they will save it for when we visit, just so we then take the heat off them and get completely roasted for about - ever!

Remember in 2016 when St Mirren didn`t win in XX matches?

Oh no, it will be....

Remember back in 2016 / 2017 when Ayr were the only team to be beaten by St Mirren

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

I'm doing a big Jobby right now so I thought it made sense to post in this thread cause both you lot are shite

I think you will find that we have the copyright on Jobby right now - the word you are looking for is Poo

Archived