LLLLLL V LLLLLL (Qos v St Mirren)

26 minutes ago, queenslad said:

cannot believe we couldn't see that game out. Had a couple of chances with Robinson poor goal kick that put us under pressure then not being able to defend another cross into the box from a corner.

Only looked like one winner in last 15mins and it wasn't Queens. Not sure how St Mirren didn't score before then. Fitness seemed a problem with Dykes (injured), Pickard (injured), Lyle, Dobbie and Miller all struggling to get through the match

There is a substantial and growing body of evidence to suggest not seeing it out was utterly predictable, even inevitable.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have to say I was extremely jealous of the scenes at the end. I actually can't recall the last time I was involved in such a spectacle. Quite sad really.

We've had a few good wins over the last couple of seasons. Beating The Rangers 3-0 and Hibs 2-0 when we were in League 1. But winning those kind of games at home is a totally different feeling to doing it away.

Thinking about it, the Challenge Cup game away to The Rangers was the last time I went into Scenes mode. Seems like so long ago.

You maybe werent there but we exercised 'scenes mode' three months ago at Easter Road. Not that long ago but right now it seems a lifetime. Its all gone absolutely pear shaped since Morton or even since Rangers maybe.

Cant believe the change. We looked solid defensively for the first month or so. We look anything but right now. Against Ayr, Raith, Albion, Dumbarton we were a wee bit unlucky if architects of our own downfall but cant even really say that tonight. We had the lead twice and had other chances but ultimately St Mirren deserved their win and the goal had an inevitability about it.

Manager has a big job on his hands.

6 minutes ago, purplemonkeydishwasher said:

Season highlight :lol:

No doubt Saints would swap Morton's league position in a heartbeat. 

But if you understand anything at all about following football outside of the Barcelona, Chelsea, Bayern Munich theatre, then yes, a moment like tonight is what it's all about. 

It's only three points, we are still anchored at the bottom of the second tier of Scottish football, but having gone 14 games without a win, and then getting that win with a 93rd minute goal - 100 miles away from home, on a cold Tuesday night in December... that is a bigger highlight than our type of supporter gets in seasons where they don't actually win a trophy.

There is now a strong probability that we will go through second round of fixtures with 9 consecutive defeats. This could well be a new first in this league as it is hard to imagine any other team going through a complete set pointless. "You're not fit to wear the shirt" springs to mind.

On top of that given our precarious predicament we have appointed a young manager with a very modest track record. For his own sanity he might have been better off staying where he was.

We were awful tonight - second best all over the pitch. If we take Dobbie out of our attack we had no threat whatsoever. We look as though Messrs Lyle, Pickard and Dykes were all injured tonight - we have absolutely nothing in reserve and our bench is as weak as I can ever remember. This Club of ours certainly knows how to demoralise its loyal supporters

Just back up the road from Dumfries. A small, but hopefully significant step on the road to recovery.

We were brutal first half and only a really excellent strike from nothing from Magennis kept us in the game as our usual comedy defending gifted Dobbie two goals.

Second half was different though. Felt we were the better team and played with some purpose. We got the break we haven't been getting when Gordon's shot took a deflection on it's way in and then it was really end to end stuff with both teams going for the win.

Both keepers made excellent saves, Queens smacked the post and then with literally the last kick of the game Mallan curled a cracker into the bottom corner.

Can't get carried away, we're still miles behind but it's a win and it's a start and you could see from the reaction of the players at the end what it meant to them too.

Two home games to come, hopefully we can build on this.

You maybe werent there but we exercised 'scenes mode' three months ago at Easter Road. Not that long ago but right now it seems a lifetime. Its all gone absolutely pear shaped since Morton or even since Rangers maybe.

Cant believe the change. We looked solid defensively for the first month or so. We look anything but right now. Against Ayr, Raith, Albion, Dumbarton we were a wee bit unlucky if architects of our own downfall but cant even really say that tonight. We had the lead twice and had other chances but ultimately St Mirren deserved their win and the goal had an inevitability about it.

Manager has a big job on his hands.

I wasn't no, but that fixture did spring to mind.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Have to say I was extremely jealous of the scenes at the end. I actually can't recall the last time I was involved in such a spectacle. Quite sad really.

We've had a few good wins over the last couple of seasons. Beating The Rangers 3-0 and Hibs 2-0 when we were in League 1. But winning those kind of games at home is a totally different feeling to doing it away.

Thinking about it, the Challenge Cup game away to The Rangers was the last time I went into Scenes mode. Seems like so long ago.

Last time I went absolute tonto at a game was when we beat Hibs at Easter road with Durns popping up at the back stick to tap home. It put us in a great place to secure our play off spot and then a few days later pumped sevco and then beat Falkirk 1-0 on the Sunday. Like you say seems so long ago we were a competent side. 

I was quite happy with this one finishing 2-2. Could do without St Mirren getting any encouragement. Important we get some wins on the board and fast.

I don't understand Naysmith taking training on Monday though - was this after he found out the East Fife game had been postponed? Would be very strange to take training at Queens and then manage a different team that night!

I was quite happy with this one finishing 2-2. Could do without St Mirren getting any encouragement. Important we get some wins on the board and fast.

I don't understand Naysmith taking training on Monday though - was this after he found out the East Fife game had been postponed? Would be very strange to take training at Queens and then manage a different team that night!

Don't worry about wins. We don't look like ever winning again and you have us in a couple of weeks as well.

10 hours ago, sneeuq said:

Not looked at the table for sometime and can't believe we're still 6th and only 5 points of a playoff place.

To be fair, the teams above you have a game in hand and it's against each other - Raith v Morton.  If there is a winner there, that team will be in fourth, 8 points ahead.

The league does seem to be resolving itself into a distinct top half and bottom half.

Archived