LLLLLL V LLLLLL (Qos v St Mirren)

2 minutes ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Where does the buck stop?

Presumably it`s with the manager that it took weeks to appoint, or less than 24 hours if we believe the East Fife chairman.

We do need to give the new boss time. He has a huge job ahead. Crucial to get some new blood in in January. Defenders who can defend and a bit of pace in the team would be a start.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's finally happened!! Will they get confidence from this and go on and get their way up the table? Or is this just a one off like our rabble getting our routine 3 points from Livi no matter how shite we were? We'll find out soon.

26 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

I`m presuming we were unlucky again, played well, didn`t get the breaks, blah, blah, fucking blah.:thumbsdown

No, not at all. We were second best all over the park, particularly in the midfield where Mallen and, the very impressive, Magennis ran rings round Millar and Hammill.

Same old problems for us - two goals from shots from outside the box and one from a set piece that wasnt dealt with, although I thought there was a foul when the first ball came into the box. Doesnt really matter, though, saints should have had a penalty for a shirt pull and we didnt deserve anything from the game, which is worrying to say, given we were in the lead twice.

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

No, not at all. We were second best all over the park, particularly in the midfield where Mallen and, the very impressive, Magennis ran rings round Millar and Hammill.

Same old problems for us - two goals from shots from outside the box and one from a set piece that wasnt dealt with, although I thought there was a foul when the first ball came into the box. Doesnt really matter, though, saints should have had a penalty for a shirt pull and we didnt deserve anything from the game, which is worrying to say, given we were in the lead twice.

I played with Mark Millar up until he signed for Celtic aged about 11 or 12 i think it was, and he used to play as a striker and score close to 100 goals a season. You know what you need to do to save your season, get rid of this Dobbie chancer who will never make it anywhere in football and get wee Marko up front to bang them in.

Remember when dobbie was the best player in the league and queens were gonna romp their way to the premier league? :lol:IMG_1481061622.181735.jpg

He's still managed to be the joint top scorer in the league despite playing with the rabble we have become. And Lyle is only 2 behind him.

Embarrassing for every other striker in the league, that.

In some respects it was a decent game, fairly end to end in the second half, but it was between two such brittle teams, but again we managed to be the more vulnerable.

I will say in praise of St Mirren that they did chase the win.  With twenty minutes left, the goalkeeper was racing to take goal kicks and get play started again, when there might have been a temptation to settle for an away point.

Our defending is rotten though.  It can be faulted for all three goals, with the first a carbon copy of Dumbarton's first on Saturday - a cracking strike, but from someone who should never have had such space and time in that area.

Where to from here, though?

Dobbie is the best striker in the division and would walk into any side's starting 11. I don't think even the biggest happy clapper among our support thought we'd genuinely stay near the top.

6 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

He's still managed to be the joint top scorer in the league despite playing with the rabble we have become. And Lyle is only 2 behind him.

Embarrassing for every other striker in the league, that.

Yep, Jai Quitongo is devastated that he's not currently leading the line for an absolutely dogshit team, plunging into the seaside leagues. 

How many goals has Dobbie scored against teams that are any good? Two against a fellow pub team this evening needless to say don't count. 

Yep, Jai Quitongo is devastated that he's not currently leading the line for an absolutely dogshit team, plunging into the seaside leagus. 

How many goals has Dobbie scored against teams that are any good? Two against a fellow pub team this evening needless to say don't count. 

He's scored against the league leaders. Does that count?

My my, we've only gone and won a game of football.

Delighted for the die hard buds who made the journey and chuffed for young Mallan at getting the winner. He's been getting a lot of stick this season, but if we are going to pull of the great escape he's going to be the main driving force behind it.

Obviously one swallow does not a summer make, and beating a clearly rancid QOTS side can't be seen as much of a barometer. However, our next two games are at home to Raith and Ayr. Take 4 points or more from those 2 and there starts to be little chinks of light at the end of the tunnel.

1 minute ago, sneeuq said:

Can someone explain whats happened to the defence. At the start of the season theyvwere pretty capable but now seem to be a shambles.

Exactly my thoughts.  

My my, we've only gone and won a game of football.

Delighted for the die hard buds who made the journey and chuffed for young Mallan at getting the winner. He's been getting a lot of stick this season, but if we are going to pull off the great escape he's going to be the main driving force behind it.

Obviously one swallow does not a summer make, and beating a clearly rancid QOTS side can't be seen as much of a barometer. However, our next two games are at home to Raith and Ayr. Take 4 points or more from those 2 and there starts to be little chinks of light at the end of the tunnel.

7 minutes ago, SuperTon said:

It's finally happened!! Will they get confidence from this and go on and get their way up the table? Or is this just a one off like our rabble getting our routine 3 points from Livi no matter how shite we were? We'll find out soon.

Hopefully the former.

The tepid, uninspired performance against Dunfermline aside, we've looked okay in terms of general performance in 5 of the last 6 matches, especially when held beside the early stages of the season. We never really did that much wrong against Dumbarton and were killed by a combination Jamie Langfield's moment of madness, missing a sitter and hitting the woodowrk twice. Winning against Ayr in the cup, we didn't actually look too bad either, Falkirk fans have suggested we looked pretty capable against them before Baird's mad moment (pattern developing here) that turned the game on it's head but that of course wasn't to say we'd have taken anything anyway. Spartans isn't much to judge against either but the team apparently didn't lack confidence and then tonight was a good second half in particular.

We've been playing decent more often than we've been shite over the last 4 weeks. One thing is for certain though, we bottomed out in that match at Cappielow....never again do I hope to see a performance so fucking abject.

Archived