Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Boyd et al think a guy who has been around top European clubs with Champions league winners for a lot longer than almost anyone else in Scottish football today isn't a good fit for a well run club guided by a good director of football? 

Good one.

I saw Fullerton break his leg into shards and try to stand up on it mid game. I'd always thought that he was hard as nails for doing so. Now I know it's because he's thick as f**k.

Eta Cathro is an Arab.

2 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Young whippersnappers like Cathro  are keeping veteran managers like Jimmy Calderwood out the game.

111c052a4e5e48d36b68f992381ced58.jpg

I'm waiting for Alex Smith to have a rant about ageism and talk about the 60s alot. Then name drop as many people as he can to sound important.

I hadn't even heard of him until now, but Jamie Fullarton comes across awfully there - worse so than Boyd. He talks over Tom English constantly, speaking with a completely misplaced sense of superiority, and appears to blatantly lie at times, namely arrogantly asserting that he knows exactly what Cathro does at Newcastle, pretending he has sources.

He keeps mentioning his past jobs, his "experience" of being a manager (where he got binned after two months), and his time abroad running a football academy as if it somehow qualifies him to know exactly what Cathro's roles as coach at Valencia and Rio Ave entailed.

How the f**k did he get a job as a pundit? My license fee goes towards people like that being given air time.

Ugh, these thick cretins are almost making we want Hearts to succeed here.

Everything I despise about Scottish football (covered quite nicely by everyone else on this thread) would take an absolute battering if someone like Cathro came up here and did well. The last televised Scottish game I watched featured a recent manager of my club and now prominent commentator/pundit congratulate a player for leaving the knee on a keeper because "thats what you need to get the lads going". Thats where we are in this country.

This is bubbling up in the press because even brain donors like "Boydy" can sense that this is a pivotal moment. If Cathro fails, it will be jumped all over by the dinosaurs to champion their incestuous cronyistic vision (or lack there of) for Scoattish fitba.

It still amazes me that people get wound up, and post links, to articles in the media. Do folk not realise that virtually everything in these papers now is purely for "clicks", and clearly theyve stumbled onto the fact that causing mass outrage is the easiest way of doing that.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It still amazes me that people get wound up, and post links, to articles in the media. Do folk not realise that virtually everything in these papers now is purely for "clicks", and clearly theyve stumbled onto the fact that causing mass outrage is the easiest way of doing that.

Copy Paste on here would be better.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Having re read that grieves article my favourite bit is when he says sarcastically that Boyd should write dull columns about formations and tactics.

Aye, you mean actually talk about football? How boring.

Is that a little dig at the likes of The Terrace, Nutmeg type establishments that have come forward in recent years? The reason that they are proving quite popular is that they aren't going down the well trodden road of rimming the OF like The Sun and Record do (for obvious reason I guess). Sure some of the articles might be a bit dry but they are a welcome change from the norm.

Absolutely incredible that anything that isn't 'the norm' in Scottish football is ridiculed. Shame on those who try to innovate and think outside the box!

Looking forward to Hearts losing their first game with Cathro in charge and the red tops losing their heads claiming that they've been proved right.

Archived