Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Tartantony said:

What's your point?

Being hired as an assistant by Rafa Benitez does not automatically make you a good manager.  Sammy Lee was his assistant for a while, and is/was an absolute dugshite manager when he tried to go it alone.

The skills which make you a good assistant do not necessarily transfer to being a good manager. He has worked with some excellent players and managers in the past, which is obviously great experience for him, but the dynamic is completely different when you are the man in charge rather than the number 2.  I don't think it's a bad idea for Hearts to give Cathro the chance given that they have the perfect structure in place for him, but his performance as an assistant isn't going to count for a great deal once he goes it alone.

It'll be good to see him sticking it to the old boys network by taking up a job working under his old boss.

On 12/4/2016 at 02:23, King Dom's Moustache said:

It clearly just reeks of a bitterness that this guy has done his learning outside of actually playing professional football, he's developed a training programme (box soccer i think its called) that is used all over the world, he's (at the age of 30) already been head of youth development at Dundee United (the same Dundee United that had players like Goodwillie, GMS, Armstrong, Gauld, Souttar x2, Russell all come through under his tutelage), went into first team football lower down at Rio Ave then progressed to Valencia & Newcastle.

Can't help think he'd be well suited to the SFA's Performance Director role.
Like they'd have the imagination to try something like that though.

Good luck to him.

13 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Can't help think he'd be well suited to the SFA's Performance Director role.
Like they'd have the imagination to try something like that though.

Good luck to him.

He was involved in the SFA in some capacity. 

Mark Wotte had a right go at him when he left to go abroad and further his ambitions to become a manager as he didn't believe a non player had a chance in Scotland funny enough.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 01:05, TheCelt67 said:

This.

Personally, I think Hearts should be congratulated for trying a new approach in regards to a manager. 

I completely agree. I wasn't a fan of Robbie Nielson but he seemed to have some innovative ideas about training and coaching and left Hearts in a much better position than when he joined them. Looks like Hearts want to continue in a similar way and good luck to them the state of our game needs someone willing to at least try another approach.

Man who looks like a turbot, and guy who couldn't tell you how many vowels are in "Pickled Onion Monster Munch".

Forgive me, and anyone else who has developed sentience, if we don't fall over ourselves to listen to your opinions lads.

To be honest, before reading that article I'd probably edged to wanting Cathro to fail, just for the lolz.  Now, knowing the sort of gloating it'd draw from spam-faced monosyllabic idiots like Boyd, I hope he wins the Champions League with Hearts.  

1 hour ago, JamieThomas said:

Man who looks like a turbot, and guy who couldn't tell you how many vowels are in "Pickled Onion Monster Munch".

Forgive me, and anyone else who has developed sentience, if we don't fall over ourselves to listen to your opinions lads.

Fullarton looks more rodenty if you ask me.

8 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

Follow up piece from Robert Grieve (who I now suspect actually wrote the original article) has been put online.

Weather report: we're all going to drown in a mega-tsunami of poor wee Boydy's tears and snotters.

iZT8ghc.png

Grieve spectacularly missed the point there.

At least from this the mouth breather (Boyd) and the bitter one (Fullarton) will have alienated themselves from management positions, as alot of the people who award these roles have not been professional footballers and will pre-judge them to be akward to have under them.

Archived