Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

7 minutes ago, Mr Romanov said:

Listen from about 14 minutes in. He just makes up blatant lies about Cathro and Tom English calls him out on it. 'We'll agree to disagree' :lol: Fucking chancer.

Its funny how arrogant he is regarding coaching structure as if it is set in stone across football. He's been to a sh*t load of clubs so surely must have seen some differences in hierarchy. 

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you've ever wondered why Scottish football is so brutal, have a look at some of the opinions of the so called 'experts' regarding Hearts pursuit of Ian Cathro this week. I'm sure most have heard the Fullarton interview, check out this absolutely bizarre Kris Boyd 'article'

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/259062/rookie-gaffer-ian-cathro-is-a-huge-gamble-for-hearts/

Staggering.

The joabz for the boeys culture in Scotland makes me sick. Even our rat of a national manager is forever going on about 'football people'

f**k off Boyd you fat joke.

I hope Hearts utterly destroy Kilmarnock in their next game.

I hope Hearts utterly destroy Kilmarnock in their next game.

Even better; I hope they're 2-0 down to Kilmarnock at half time and Cathro comes up with 45 minutes of tactical masterclass to win 4-2. Of course the turning point being a wee note handed to a couple of his players, and Cathro just sitting with his laptop at full time.

1 hour ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

I heard that interview with Fullarton. Actually, it was a lot more about him than it was about Cathro.

Most of his objections to Cathro getting the Hearts job were along the lines of "too young, no charisma, can't stamp his authority on the experienced players, never played at the top level".

This of course was exactly what happened to Fullarton during a brief and utterly disastrous period as manager of Notts County last season. I think he's still recovering. He won't get another job in his own right as he made a horrible mess of it down there and by the end was being totally ignored by Notts County's senior players.

It was also needlessly personal- and embarrassing, given that Tom English showed that he was wrong about the precise nature of Cathro's role at Newcastle.

Is there a podcast of this interview?

1 minute ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

"The shy lad who barely spoke to anyone".

Aye...maybe he just didn't want to talk to you, you fat f**k.

It was also when he was 22. Maybe he felt slightly intimidated by all the sneering arsehole 'pros' like Boyd.  

He can't have possibly become more comfortable in a footballing environment after 8 years of working in the game at big clubs though.

The thing that concerns me is that Fullarton and even Boyd are actually more intelligent and articulate than most footballers.  These 'show us your medals' views are so deeply ingrained though that it seems hard to find someone who's played football, but isn't a proponent.

I've no idea if Cathro will be a success.  Perhaps there's something in the charge that he lacks the personality to take charge.  The picture both paint though, of the average changing room is not an impressive one.  It seems that anything vaguely scholarly and evidence based, is to be derided and mocked, rather than engaged with.  If accurate, it perhaps goes some way towards explaining the difficulties our game faces.

These guys do themselves no favours when they come out with such mindless rubbish.

Cathro could fail badly, but the idea that he'll fail because he actually studied coaching and concentrated instead of running about eating monster munch and going out on the piss all the time  

And who the f**k is Jamie Fullerton?

Listening to the show, I think  that Fullarton comes across really well in it. He comes with actual facts that he has seen himself whereas Tom English (who I normally think is excellent and very balanced) brings out an "a source inside the club" who he never names and doesn't give full facts (is he coaching the first team etc). Fullarton even says that it is from experience that he would know some of this. Personally from what I have heard he wont be the messiah everyone is proclaiming he could be and funnily enough he was the only one of Mclarens backroom staff at Newcastle who stayed when the rest got fired, which may show that he was in deeper in the club than most coach's/assistants would be. Although i'm sure CL will enjoy having someone to control.

4 minutes ago, NYD1997 said:

Listening to the show, I think  that Fullarton comes across really well in it. He comes with actual facts that he has seen himself whereas Tom English (who I normally think is excellent and very balanced) brings out an "a source inside the club" who he never names and doesn't give full facts (is he coaching the first team etc). Fullarton even says that it is from experience that he would know some of this. Personally from what I have heard he wont be the messiah everyone is proclaiming he could be and funnily enough he was the only one of Mclarens backroom staff at Newcastle who stayed when the rest got fired, which may show that he was in deeper in the club than most coach's/assistants would be. Although i'm sure CL will enjoy having someone to control.

Hiya Jamie, hiya pal.

Cathro could fail badly, but the idea that he'll fail because he actually studied coaching and concentrated instead of running about eating monster munch and going out on the piss all the time  

And who the f**k is Jamie Fullerton?

He was a nothing player and a nothing manager who started a football academy in Spain that seems to be doing ok and now he thinks he's some sort of footballing genius.

I've just listened to it and it sounds like he is very jealous of Cathro as does Boyd.

Boyd and Fullarton sound like the popular guys at school who had all the friends, were the best fighters and were poking wee tarts up closes whereas Cathro was the wee quiet geeky guy who stuck in and didn't speak to anyone. They are still living off that reputation and don't realise that people grow up and achieve good things. Both idiots base a lot of their shite on things that happened 8 years ago when Cathro was only 22.

If Rafa Benitez thinks highly enough of him to have him as assistant manager then he is definitely worth a manager position with any team in Scotland. I hope Hearts appoint him and he proves all those like minded idiots wrong

I think the days of having just played the game at a reasonable level being enough to qualify you to coach are thankfully drifting slowly.

I have a mate educated to degree level who is coaching at an already reasonable standard in the states in his mid 20s and could have easily been a doctor or a lawyer  or something equally academic if he wanted to.

Daren't we try and attract intelligent people to football or recruit from outside the box, we need mare ae the troops gettin released fae SPFL clubs to bring their wealthy of knowledge, failure, ah mean experience to the game.

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

If Rafa Benitez thinks highly enough of him to have him as assistant manager then he is definitely worth a manager position with any team in Scotland. I hope Hearts appoint him and he proves all those like minded idiots wrong

Sammy Lee was Benitez' assistant at Liverpool.

A guy I know at work took his boys club down to play against a team coached by Cathro. He said he had never seen anything like it, superb first touches , great shape, quick passing. 

Not a Hearts fan and obviously hope their appointment is a disaster but surely this is a way forward to consider rather that big mac munching dinosaurs like Boyd. And "real football people" clowns like Strachan.

I highly doubt Tom English is just going to make up a number of texts from sources just to prove someone wrong. Fullarton is basically caught red handed for being the jealous, lying clown that he is. He clearly just doesn't like the fact that someone can be given better opportunities than him having not played the game

Archived