Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

If you've ever wondered why Scottish football is so brutal, have a look at some of the opinions of the so called 'experts' regarding Hearts pursuit of Ian Cathro this week. I'm sure most have heard the Fullarton interview, check out this absolutely bizarre Kris Boyd 'article'

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/259062/rookie-gaffer-ian-cathro-is-a-huge-gamble-for-hearts/

Staggering.

The joabz for the boeys culture in Scotland makes me sick. Even our rat of a national manager is forever going on about 'football people'

f**k off Boyd you fat joke.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said it the other day on here, there's a lot of stuff shite about Scottish football but far and away the worst is the sports media. 

An absolute embarrassment when it comes to anyone who hasn't spend their career here. 

A lot of these guys are absolutely terrified that people like Cathro expose the myth that you need to have played football at a terrible level for years to have any clue what is happening. No more tidy wee numbers on the BBC once that is proven to be nonsense.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I'm no reading it because the sun.  the title is right though

Of course it's a gamble.

Thing is, though - in what way is it any more of a gamble than any other managerial/coaching appointment?

If it's not working out after a decent amount of time, you have a rethink - that would be the same of any approach - however safe you think the pair of hands you put in charge is.

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Of course it's a gamble.

Thing is, though - in what way is it any more of a gamble than any other managerial/coaching appointment?

If it's not working out after a decent amount of time, you have a rethink - that would be the same of any approach - however safe you think the pair of hands you put in charge is.

This.

Personally, I think Hearts should be congratulated for trying a new approach in regards to a manager. 

That whole article is absolutely mental. He clearly has an agenda and probably has mates who are struggling to get jobs, but it also smacks of wanting to keep Scottish football as a jobs for the boys circle jerk.

I obviously want Cathro to be a success for Hearts, but I now want him to be especially successful to get it up arseholes like Boyd.

As previously said, Cathro is a gamble but as a Hearts fan I'd rather see us try something different than watch us give someine like Pressley a gig.

This.

Personally, I think Hearts should be congratulated for trying a new approach in regards to a manager. 

Absolutely this. Not a Hearts fan by any strech but I'm excited to see how this pans out. Their general approach right now is one of the few good things happening in Scottish football

Tom English has already debunked this nonsense on sportsound when Fullarton was flapping his gums.

It clearly just reeks of a bitterness that this guy has done his learning outside of actually playing professional football, he's developed a training programme (box soccer i think its called) that is used all over the world, he's (at the age of 30) already been head of youth development at Dundee United (the same Dundee United that had players like Goodwillie, GMS, Armstrong, Gauld, Souttar x2, Russell all come through under his tutelage), went into first team football lower down at Rio Ave then progressed to Valencia & Newcastle.

Hearts should be fucking applauded for looking at taking a chance on Cathro rather than another shitey Scottish no mark that has bounced around the Scottish game.

I definitely think that, having listened to Fullarton on Sportsound, and on reading the Boyd article, Levein will relent, and offer the gig to Steven Craigan, or a similarly deserving workaday ex-player who's paid his dues in the time-honoured fashion. What's Scott Leitch up to these days?

I think they're all just jealous as they chose to go to the pub and the bookies in their 20's instead of looking into coaching, tough titties, his CV at 30 looks more stimulating than most of those involved in Scottish football at the moment.

Is it a gamble, Yes. Is it worth taking Yes.

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Of course it's a gamble.

Absolutely

Archived