Mr Romanov

Kris Boyd & Jamie Fullarton

642 posts in this topic

Said it the other day on here, there's a lot of stuff shite about Scottish football but far and away the worst is the sports media. 

An absolute embarrassment when it comes to anyone who hasn't spend their career here. 

But Ian Cathro is about to find out what football’s like in the real world.

Right above a picture of him and a champions league winning manager :lol:

That's genuinely one of the worst things I've ever read and I've had the misfortune of reading a fair number of Gunther's posts. 

What a condescending piece of shit. 

A lot of these guys are absolutely terrified that people like Cathro expose the myth that you need to have played football at a terrible level for years to have any clue what is happening. No more tidy wee numbers on the BBC once that is proven to be nonsense.

I'm no reading it because the sun.  the title is right though

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I'm no reading it because the sun.  the title is right though

Of course it's a gamble.

Thing is, though - in what way is it any more of a gamble than any other managerial/coaching appointment?

If it's not working out after a decent amount of time, you have a rethink - that would be the same of any approach - however safe you think the pair of hands you put in charge is.

6 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Of course it's a gamble.

Thing is, though - in what way is it any more of a gamble than any other managerial/coaching appointment?

If it's not working out after a decent amount of time, you have a rethink - that would be the same of any approach - however safe you think the pair of hands you put in charge is.

This.

Personally, I think Hearts should be congratulated for trying a new approach in regards to a manager. 

Boyd getting involved in punditry and journalism has been brutal. The man is severely lacking in many areas.

That whole article is absolutely mental. He clearly has an agenda and probably has mates who are struggling to get jobs, but it also smacks of wanting to keep Scottish football as a jobs for the boys circle jerk.

I obviously want Cathro to be a success for Hearts, but I now want him to be especially successful to get it up arseholes like Boyd.

As previously said, Cathro is a gamble but as a Hearts fan I'd rather see us try something different than watch us give someine like Pressley a gig.

Edited by Tony Wonder

"He's probably not been this excited since FIFA 17 came out on PlayStation"

That opening line pretty much sums Boyd up.

The whole "he can organise sessions with the flick of his MacBook" reeks of bitterness. Bizarre article.

This.

Personally, I think Hearts should be congratulated for trying a new approach in regards to a manager. 

Absolutely this. Not a Hearts fan by any strech but I'm excited to see how this pans out. Their general approach right now is one of the few good things happening in Scottish football

I definitely think that, having listened to Fullarton on Sportsound, and on reading the Boyd article, Levein will relent, and offer the gig to Steven Craigan, or a similarly deserving workaday ex-player who's paid his dues in the time-honoured fashion. What's Scott Leitch up to these days?

I think they're all just jealous as they chose to go to the pub and the bookies in their 20's instead of looking into coaching, tough titties, his CV at 30 looks more stimulating than most of those involved in Scottish football at the moment.

Is it a gamble, Yes. Is it worth taking Yes.

2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Of course it's a gamble.

Absolutely