Aberdeen v Kilmarnock, 6/12/16

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Ouch, my bumhole is tender this morning.

Glad I never went. Well played the 111 who did venture.

Didn't expect any points. Onward and upwards.

Same for me on all three points. I thought we'd get beat, but not by the margin that we did. Ah well, Saturday is another game and I'm just glad to get this one over and done with.

I'm not sure you've mastered quotation marks/apostrophes 

Oh I have. I just didn't mean to add that one as I'm not quoting anyone. I would've edited it but I didn't think anyone would've been as pedantic as to pull me up on it :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Davie Bhoy said:

Oh I have. I just didn't mean to add that one as I'm not quoting anyone. I would've edited it but I didn't think anyone would've been as pedantic as to pull me up on it :rolleyes:

Well let it be a lesson to raise your standard of posting in future.

Thanks.

On the issue of Pawlett, he looked great yesterday. He's not getting a great deal of game time at the moment, but with the heavy schedule this month this could be a great chance for him to force his way back into contention.

Pleasantly surprised by the margin of victory.

Killie started well but looked to completely lose all belief after we went ahead.

Nice to score a few goals in a home match.

Rooney's pass through to Hayes for his first was the highlight of the play for me - superb.

Roll on Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Killie Zenit said:

Thought we might be decent for a point, *guffaw*.

Reckon I'll be over it quicker than Ross is over Saturday at least. Stay strong, mate.

Oooft. When Ross gets out of school and then finishes his homework, he'll have something cutting to say about that.

2 minutes ago, killienick said:

Oooft. When Ross gets out of school and then finishes his homework, he'll have something cutting to say about that.

Cripes! Maybe something about relegation and admin, like his team? That would surely be me telt.

That was a really dreadful evening and can see why so many chose to stay at home. Noticed the Merkland particularly empty so I'd presume that a lot of families chose to stay away and not subject children to conditions like that, which is perfectly understandable. Throw in the fact that you will get very few pay at the gate punters, midweek games generally have lower crowds due to work/family commitments, 100 of an away support and 8,000 is around what I would have expected. I know a few old timers who weren't there either due to the weather.

Anyway, besides the weather, a very good performance, Killie are not the first team to be ripped apart at Pittodrie when we are on song and they won't be the last. I was among those questioning the Hayes at LB decision but as soon as we went a goal up he was back on the wing. It seems Deek was thinking that we'd have most of the ball, get Hayes forward to be an extra attacker until we scored and then back to normal service. It worked so I guess we can't criticise. A draw between Hearts and Sevco on Saturday would be right fine and then we can get on with finishing ahead of both. 7/2 I got at the start of the season for Aberdeen without Celtic and I've never been anything less than confident from Day 1. 

14 hours ago, Elixir said:

We pumped you three in a row and are unbeaten in four, mate.

I think one of those games had as much relevance as our 1-0 pre-season win at St Andrews against you.

......and you foul us any time one of our players gets past you - which admittedly is a sound Levein tactic given the ineptitude of Scottish refs, and why I think the Dons should sign Ross Draper.

49 minutes ago, Handsome Devil said:

If it was played at 3am on a Monday, that would still be a shite crowd.

I see there's a thread on Kickback about it. A whole thread dedicated to it. 
Absolutely obsessed with attendances. I'm more concerned about us leap frogging you in the league with a game in hand. :lol:

Attended this a neutral observer. Killie actually started quite brightly and got in behind Aberdeen a few times and looked like they would make a game of it. Thereafter it was one way traffic and the lack of pressure Killie put on the ball is unforgiveable - they look like such an easy team to play against. Aberdeen scored five and strolled it without having to do too much. I did enjoy Considine playing as an inside left at one point.

I don't understand McInnes's substitutions at all. What did he achieve by bringing on Reynolds (who is finished at that level), Burns (who has been given countless opportunities) and an almost like for like sub in Stockley for Rooney. Surely give Pawlett more game time and keep him on as well. Give Storey a chance and even bring Storie back in. I just don't get it.

I just had to double-check Wikipedia - as looking back on Hearts' crowds in the 90s, I'm sure I recall going there and encountering very poor home support.  True enough 9K vs us fairly common.   Maybe there is some truth in those that think a new stadium will be some kind of panacea for us, or maybe we just need to a Lithuanian megalomaniac to take us into administration.......and some kind of Save The Dons movement to get bums on seats.

Still I don't buy into this stuff about not taking the poor wee cherubs to a match just because it was raining.  It's not as if we were talking blizzards here, it was still 8 degrees when I got home at 11pm.

Even worse is folk that say 'a Champions League night' - surely escaping that monumental bore is every reason to get out of the house??!  (especially the group stages which are seeded to make it even more predictable)

Time of year, struggling local economy - and three matches in a week, when we've not been home in six weeks is a little more of an excuse (along with the abject disappointment of the weegie performances) - but a large part of AFC's so-called support are a fickle bunch - will show for certain 'occasions' (e.g. 6K travelling to f**kin Madrid) , but wouldn't even consider missing a chance to watch Manyoo/Liverpool/Spurs etc on telly when their home town club are facing Kilmarnock/Motherwell/Ross County etc

39 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

I see there's a thread on Kickback about it. A whole thread dedicated to it. 
Absolutely obsessed with attendances. I'm more concerned about us leap frogging you in the league with a game in hand. :lol:

Hearts fans are obsessed about being a bigger club than Aberdeen and this is the only thing they beat us on.We have a more illustrious history,play football not hoofball and despite lower attendances make more money than them.Had a wee look at the thread on kickback and they all come across as sevco fans minus the train fare.

Archived