Refs

combineharvester

Lot of talk or poor refs  or descisions

Gow v neilston gane

Readin about boness game

then today's neilston game ref doesnt let sub on for thinkin hes not on  teamlines(later after game apoligizes.. Fair play to him for coming into changin room )

any other weird ref descions over the years ?

What about the one at Bo'ness yesterday who played extra time in a game that should have went straight to penalties. My source told me both clubs and his assistants told him it was straight to penalties but he refused to listen. It took a phone call from the SJFA to the Referee to finally halt proceedings in extra time.

2 minutes ago, NE63 exile said:

What about the one at Bo'ness yesterday who played extra time in a game that should have went straight to penalties. My source told me both clubs and his assistants told him it was straight to penalties but he refused to listen. It took a phone call from the SJFA to the Referee to finally halt proceedings in extra time.

still struggling to get my head round this one!

38 minutes ago, NE63 exile said:

according to Bo'ness threat there was a referee assessor there who apperently said that they could not intervene even though they knew the ref was in the wrong.

Just now, whitburn exile said:

according to Bo'ness threat there was a referee assessor there who apperently said that they could not intervene even though they knew the ref was in the wrong.

Fucksake. they're not filming a nature documentary. Just tell the guy!

1 hour ago, not man of the match said:

Human error. Happens every day to almost everybody at some point.

Not an excuse at this level of our Junior game!!

The guy is picking up a wage at the end of the day to remain "professional" in his position of power. 

He therefore has to be held fully accountable for his major "error" as u say!!

The guy is picking up a wage at the end of the day to remain "professional" in his position of power. 

Exactly - we need to weed out big errors at this level.

We should have consistency throughout the grade, so for example this referee could be banned for 2 weeks.

We should also extend this to players - after all their errors often affect a game much more than the referee.

Perhaps players that miss a sitter should also be banned. Or those who get themselves sent off and leave their team to play with a man down. Or anyone who scores an own goal. Or loses possession resulting in a goal to the opposition.

Just a small selection of examples of big errors which occur every week.

10 hours ago, energyzone said:

Exactly - we need to weed out big errors at this level.

We should have consistency throughout the grade, so for example this referee could be banned for 2 weeks.

We should also extend this to players - after all their errors often affect a game much more than the referee.

Perhaps players that miss a sitter should also be banned. Or those who get themselves sent off and leave their team to play with a man down. Or anyone who scores an own goal. Or loses possession resulting in a goal to the opposition.

Just a small selection of examples of big errors which occur every week.

The scenario you describe is already common practice.

Clubs are always dropping and releasing players due to under-performance and conduct issues.

Players are constantly battling to keep their place in the team or to get a new contract. 

22 hours ago, NE63 exile said:

I've seen similar myself but on that occasion the referee was acting on erroneous information from the local league secretary. The referee in question was very organised and was able to produce a document from the league secretary supporting his stance. With no-one from the league being contactable extra time was played and the game ultimately went to penalties anyway.

It's never an excuse but it's a fact that it happens. We all make mistakes at work at some point. It's a major cock up but it's also very unfortunate. I thought everyone knew there was no extra time but there you go!

Archived