Today's Scores

MEADOWXI

Don't think the ref should just be kicked out. He has arsed up but mistakes happen.

What is essential is the the SJFA meeting where this is discussed isn't secret with a decision. They have to be open and admit mistake and what remedial action is taken, my be nothing for the game, a warning to the ref and letters to all the refs reminding them of the format of the tournament.

We need a bit of transparent reaction

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

So a boy in his twenties because of one mistake should retire from something he loves doing at a time when we are struggling to find any referees .

He obviously made a mistake and it obviously won't happen again so why the hell would you just tell him don't bother refereeing again son we are done with you that's just not reality.

As said nobody really can complain about mistakes being made during a match as it  happens , but to not know if it's extra time / straight to penalties and then play 15 minutes of extra time only to play penalties in the dark is absolutely unbelievable at any level .

We will just need to agree to disagree on him officiating ever again, I know if I made that mistake then I wouldn't expect to Referee again, just my opinion . 

6 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

Glenrothes 2-1 Whitburn

hard fought 3 points. Physical battle for most of the game, with Whitburn looking very dangerous from the quality of set pieces from their no6. We defended them well enough though. Ref had a really good game, although I thought the 2nd yellow for our centre half for winning a header was strange!! 

Agree. Glenrothes defended well, Whitburn didn't and that was the difference between the teams.

Is the number 9 for Glenrothes player manager? If so, then he needs to have a word with himself about the example he is setting - diving as though his leg is broken when he wasn't touched and nipping players in the back in order to get a reaction. Can do without that in Junior Football.

20 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

Watched a great Scottish Junior cup tie at Thomson Park with Musselburgh Athletic coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 with a last kick of the game winner. Former Fifer Declan O'Kane put in a terrific shift and set up the equaliser. Well worth the £6 entrance fee despite a Burgh sub getting annoyed at me finding a stand off between their goalie and the Lochee Utd number 9 almost taking out the referee amusing. The better team won... 

Actually thought that incident was funny as well. Good to have a wee bit humour in a match. Better still was the number 9 getting booked for it, as he wasn't letting Kieron get on with the game, so deserved what he got for that wee tussle.

Musselburgh were the better team. Lochee weren't in the game until they got their first goal, which was at that point there first hit on target - only felt worse at the time as no Burgh player was near the player who got the goal. Again the 2nd goal at start of 2nd half was more bad defending on Burgh's behalf, but Lochee did themselves no favours with their time wasting, particular the Lochee no.11.

To get 3 goals in the last 11-12 minutes made my day but the best part was the celebration once we scored in last few seconds of additional time. Lochee will be disappointed that they are not through to the next round, but justice was done on the day and Burgh wanted the win far more than the home team!

Mon the Burgh!

1 hour ago, shuggie123 said:

Agree. Glenrothes defended well, Whitburn didn't and that was the difference between the teams.

Is the number 9 for Glenrothes player manager? If so, then he needs to have a word with himself about the example he is setting - diving as though his leg is broken when he wasn't touched and nipping players in the back in order to get a reaction. Can do without that in Junior Football.

No9 is our player/manager and is well respected by everyone at the club. Nipping boys?? Not sure if highlights will have caught it but I witnessed twice where your boys have lashed out off the ball, think one of them was saying he done it cos he was nipped. Overall a hard battle and contested game, ref done well to control it at times but if we're seriously talking about no9's being embarrassing then only one teams no9 let his side down yesterday and I'll let you decide which one it was!!!

9 hours ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Regarding the Blantyre v Bo'ness game and the cock up it's the most commonly known rule that it goes straight to penalty kicks and no extra time at all, what an absolute cock up and can't believe that 15 minutes of ET was played and then penalties . 

The referee should never officiate again for me and surely both teams match officials should have been major flagging up that it was straight to penalties , as said its probably the most common known rule in junior football, maybe if the ref was a senior official ( where ET is played ) dropping down to the juniors for the day then it would slightly excuse it but I really doubt that .

A bit harsh to say should never ref again. Should he be pulled up for it yes he should. Should he be made to ref some lower level games or run the line then yes he should.

should there be a statement from sjfa yes. Should we know if the ref is punished then no as that is between employer and employee. Will the sjfa deal with this and issue a statement? Probably not

4 hours ago, victor meldrew said:

No9 is our player/manager and is well respected by everyone at the club. Nipping boys?? Not sure if highlights will have caught it but I witnessed twice where your boys have lashed out off the ball, think one of them was saying he done it cos he was nipped. Overall a hard battle and contested game, ref done well to control it at times but if we're seriously talking about no9's being embarrassing then only one teams no9 let his side down yesterday and I'll let you decide which one it was!!!

I agree, Whitburn no9 let his side down. My original point still stands.

Archived