Today's Scores

MEADOWXI

A lot could have happened in that fifteen minutes, like teams bringing on subs that could then have gone on to take penalties, players getting injured, what happens regards any cards issued, can't see how this won't be replayed!

None of the above happened !!!
Still a draw
Exactly same for both sides
If Bo'ness had won would you still be wanting another replay ?
I think not

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not good enough today from Whitletts. We try to play too much from the back. I wish Neil and Jamie would change that philosophy cos we're not Celtic.
2 defeats in last 3 is not good enough if you want to win league titles.

Away back to the Asylum you tube

Another blunder by ref at neilston game( no appeal tho)

went to bring sub and ref refused player to enter feild of player said wasnt on team lines lol 

ref then apoligizes to club officials and management after game. as he realised the player was on team lines lol

refs hist dnt help themself lol

1 hour ago, Shawfield redemption said:

None of the above happened !!!
Still a draw
Exactly same for both sides
If Bo'ness had won would you still be wanting another replay ?
I think not

they would say that an appeal would go in. Bottom line is ref made a balls up and as did not stick to the rules of the competition then the only fair thing to do is for the sjfa to order a replay at a neutral venue next week

We all make Mistakes! I thought the cup games went to the golden goal,ha.

If this goes to a replay Blantyre should  refuse to use their jumpers for Goals! and demand that the game goes straight to ...

"COCK OR A HEN"

24 minutes ago, whitburn exile said:

they would say that an appeal would go in. Bottom line is ref made a balls up and as did not stick to the rules of the competition then the only fair thing to do is for the sjfa to order a replay at a neutral venue next week

Both teams agreed to anticipate in the shoot out then scoreline stands. You can't tell me that officials from both clubs didn't have the brains to bring our legislation to the referee's attention. Yes the referee cocked up but so did both teams. This could have been the scenario at Beechwood today but Pollok were too busy picking the ball out the net to complain about anything! 

22 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Both teams agreed to anticipate in the shoot out then scoreline stands. You can't tell me that officials from both clubs didn't have the brains to bring our legislation to the referee's attention. Yes the referee cocked up but so did both teams. This could have been the scenario at Beechwood today but Pollok were too busy picking the ball out the net to complain about anything! 

both teams did tell the ref and even his assistant told him. You can beat if either team failed to take part they would be blasted on here and by the beaks. I know without refs there are no games but to not know the rules and then decide part way through extra time to go to penalties is wrong therefore it should be replayed.

From the rule book. I know people are saying both clubs told the ref, but did anyone actually show him the rules?

20. The duration of each match shall be one hour and a half
and the halftime interval shall not exceed 15 minutes. The Scottish
Junior Cup rounds, prior to the Semi-Final, will be decided
over 1 game. In the event of this match being drawn, a replay will
take place. At the conclusion of 90 minutes play in the replay, if the
game is drawn, the tie will be resolved by the penalty kick system.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

From the rule book. I know people are saying both clubs told the ref, but did anyone actually show him the rules?

That'll be the answer to the whole issue sorted then. Black and White!!!

Watched a great Scottish Junior cup tie at Thomson Park with Musselburgh Athletic coming from 2-0 down to win 3-2 with a last kick of the game winner. Former Fifer Declan O'Kane put in a terrific shift and set up the equaliser. Well worth the £6 entrance fee despite a Burgh sub getting annoyed at me finding a stand off between their goalie and the Lochee Utd number 9 almost taking out the referee amusing. The better team won... 

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Well pointed out. The beaks could do nothing so both teams should have walked

3 hours ago, Ayr Victoria said:

Not good enough today from Whitletts. We try to play too much from the back. I wish Neil and Jamie would change that philosophy cos we're not Celtic.

If you seriously can't see the difference in standard between this and previous seasons you're absolutely delusional. Football is changing, it's not all 442 and long balls anymore, stop being so negative about the club you're supposed to support. We're challenging for the league and playing some great football as we do... whats the issue? Try getting behind the club for once

IMO committee or guys in big jackets a bit harsh on management today.
Game could have gone either way as nothing in it.
Football is all about opinions and I love it for that ... got to roll with the bumps in the road boys. [emoji106][emoji460]️

Regarding the Blantyre v Bo'ness game and the cock up it's the most commonly known rule that it goes straight to penalty kicks and no extra time at all, what an absolute cock up and can't believe that 15 minutes of ET was played and then penalties . 

The referee should never officiate again for me and surely both teams match officials should have been major flagging up that it was straight to penalties , as said its probably the most common known rule in junior football, maybe if the ref was a senior official ( where ET is played ) dropping down to the juniors for the day then it would slightly excuse it but I really doubt that .

Glenrothes 2-1 Whitburn

hard fought 3 points. Physical battle for most of the game, with Whitburn looking very dangerous from the quality of set pieces from their no6. We defended them well enough though. Ref had a really good game, although I thought the 2nd yellow for our centre half for winning a header was strange!! 

3 minutes ago, hareskirky said:

Ye just can't kick a referee who has probably spent five ten years officiating out the game because of one mistake even thought big one.
People in all walks of life make mistakes even bigger ones and live to fight another day.
You take him out the firing line and let him referee some lesser profile games before easing him back in.
He will have learned a big lesson end of the day nobody died.

It's inexcusable and makes our level look terrible . 

The first thing he should have clarified in his own mind in being in charge of a replay upon arriving at the ground is whether its ET or straight to penalties , I don't care if you've done 15 years of work to be a qualified referee - if you cant get that correct then you should either be banned from being a referee or have the dignity to retire, anyone can handle mistakes during a game etc but this simply should never happen - it's beyond basic human error and is total  incompetence regardless of the level. 

Archived