New development happening at Whitton Park...

BroughtyAthletic JFC

32 minutes ago, KilsythCoyle said:

Seen all the pics and artists impression video. Looks like it'll be quite similar to the setup at Rutherglen, minus the 4G pitch. 

Looks like it'll be a really smart facility for the club!

The plan is certainly to have a 4g pitch at some point - I'd imagine they'd do that at the same time as the stadium, especially considering there would be a fair amount of work required to level the slope on the current park, which isn't the best tbh. 

Two quick things to help clear things up a bit.

1)  The pitch is 3G and will be from the get-go.

2)  There is no such thing as 4G.  Whilst 3G is a recognised industry standard (with variations in grass length for different sports), 4G and 5G are names used for improved versions by various but not all producers, but without any consistent industry wide specifications to speak of.  4G and beyond will inevitably come but as things stand, 3G is the highest spec of synthetic surface.

Would echo everyone's positive thoughts on this development though and here's hoping there's many more to come in the near future.

Seen all the pics and artists impression video. Looks like it'll be quite similar to the setup at Rutherglen, minus the 4G pitch. 

Looks like it'll be a really smart facility for the club!

Rutherglen is a grass pitch.

Yep!! Hence the "minus the 4G pitch" part of the statement!!

Sumilar looking setup tho. Maybe even better :whistle

It looks considerably bigger and better than Rutherglen, to be honest. I wish we had gone for a 3G pitch, to be honest.

9 hours ago, superbigal said:

Can you improve the hotdogs broughty. I love your set up but your current catering is by far the worst in the super league

Maybe not the best in hot dogs but our hot Mince, Steak & Gravy, Chicken Curry pies and Sausage Rolls are all provided by well known Grants Butchers, Blackness Road in Dundee and nothing but compliments about them this season. Our after match catering is now served at the Boars Rock, Arbroath Road. Maybe you're overdue a visit to check the menu out!

Maybe not the best in hot dogs but our hot Mince, Steak & Gravy, Chicken Curry pies and Sausage Rolls are all provided by well known Grants Butchers, Blackness Road in Dundee and nothing but compliments about them this season. Our after match catering is now served at the Boars Rock, Arbroath Road. Maybe you're overdue a visit to check the menu out!

Grants pies are the Tits. Steak and gravy good. My favourite is the stovie pie

• 2 years later...

Archived