Morning routine for work

9 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustman.

Could be a fatal error if Seamus is your binman.

OT: Just set my alarm for the minimum amount of time I can get showered/dressed & make the bus. Sleep on said bus.

Not a morning person.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got my morning routine fine-tuned to eliminate any unnecessary waiting.

Alarm set for 6:55. Hit snooze, goes off again again at 7:05 and I get up, put on slobbing-about house clothes.

Walk to kitchen, put kettle on and insert bread into toaster. Arrange plate, mug with teabag, butter, milk etc.

Walk to toilet, turn on hot tap as I enter. Have pish. Water is running hot as I return to tap (tank in loft, takes 20 secs). Wash hands & face.

Return to kitchen. Kettle has just finished boiling - pour into mug. Feed cat. Toast pops. Butter toast. Stir tea & add milk.

Sit with news on until 7:40, throw some lunch in my work bag, brush teeth, shite, back upstairs to put work clothes on and head out at 7:56 for the 4-minute drive to work.

Like clockwork.

Depends on when my shift starts. 

For a 9 start, I'll get up at 6, Go to the gym about 7, Leave, stop off somewhere for breakfast and grab my lunch before making it in for about half 8. 

11 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I've got my morning routine fine-tuned to eliminate any unnecessary waiting.

Alarm set for 6:55. Hit snooze, goes off again again at 7:05 and I get up, put on slobbing-about house clothes.

Walk to kitchen, put kettle on and insert bread into toaster. Arrange plate, mug with teabag, butter, milk etc.

Walk to toilet, turn on hot tap as I enter. Have pish. Water is running hot as I return to tap (tank in loft, takes 20 secs). Wash hands & face.

Return to kitchen. Kettle has just finished boiling - pour into mug. Feed cat. Toast pops. Butter toast. Stir tea & add milk.

Sit with news on until 7:40, throw some lunch in my work bag, brush teeth, shite, back upstairs to put work clothes on and head out at 7:56 for the 4-minute drive to work.

Like clockwork.

^^^Wallace and Gromit IMO

Up just after six. Shower, dressed and then over to the Mess for breakfast. Usually trundle to work at the back of seven. It's five minute walk and sees me there in plenty time for a half seven start, check the diary, see what nightshift have/have not achieved and ready for the first morning briefing at quarter to eight. 

Archived