Morning routine for work

Mods, please.

Nothing wrong with it. It takes no more than 15 seconds and it stops me from looking like a scruffy mess for the day. Brushing/combing just doesn't do the trick.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, smpar said:

Nothing wrong with it. It takes no more than 15 seconds and it stops me from looking like a scruffy mess for the day. Brushing/combing just doesn't do the trick.

^^^ OFTW

11 minutes ago, smpar said:

You should wash and condition your hair the night before so it looks at its best first thing. 

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I’ll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

I get up when I want except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen. 
I put my trousers on, have a cup of tea and I think about leaving the house. 

First alarm at 6:10, last one at 6:50 with a couple in between, aim to be getting out of bed at 6:30. Shower, get dressed in clothes that have been set out night before, dry hair, have breakfast, 2 or 3 glasses of water and maybe a cup of tea if I can be arsed. Scroll through Twitter/P&B, make sure bag has everything I need including piece box (or whatever I'm having for lunch that day), fill bottle of water, brush teeth and out the door by 7:40. 

Alarm at 6.10 to leave at 7.40. What a shambles.

4 minutes ago, calum_gers said:

Alarm at 6.10 to leave at 7.40. What a shambles.

Whoops, that's meant to be 6:20, not that it makes much difference. Having plenty of time in the morning works much better for me.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

Whoops, that's meant to be 6:20, not that it makes much difference. Having plenty of time in the morning works much better for me.

Yeah to dry your hair, manicure your nails and get your lippy on #OFTW

Just now, Rugster said:

Yeah to dry your hair, manicure your nails and get your lippy on #OFTW

Don't be ridiculous. 

Manicures are for Saturday mornings before the football.

#KeepPushing 

53 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Who was the dirty b*****d who said that they brush their teeth in the shower? Monstrous behaviour.

I do this most days. Saves lots of time. 

Good to see smpar doing his bit to keep up hygiene standards. He's a good lad. 

I get up probably an hour earlier than I need to because I absolutely hate rushing out in the morning.  I'd rather have one hour less sleep than have to rush around trying to get out in half an hour.

Shower, make breakfast, usually read the BBC news site pretty much in its entirety, then a second cup of tea, skim the various forums and internet sites, then out at 7.05am.

Archived