7:35 - Wake up and eat flakes

7:40-8:00 - Shit 

8:05 - Get changed

8:15 - Leave

A bit early for chocolate is it not?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been too aghast at this thread to post in it. Rab's waking up two and a half hours before getting to his work pushed me over the edge, never mind the amount of times I've seen him post after 10PM suggests he's some sort of lizard or something that doesn't need any sleep.

When I have to get up in the morning, the time of which generally varies:

Alarm at 5 to the hour
Breakfast by 10 past the hour
Brush teeth at 25 past the hour
Dress at half past the hour
Leave the house at some point before 20 to the hour

f**k waking up any earlier than that or trying to do anything else. The first half hour of that is spent upright in bed scowling at whatever twee shite is on the BBC Breakfast programme trying to stop milk going all over my sheets.

First alarm at 5.45, drag myself out of bed between 6 and 6.10. Have clothes left out ready.. shower, brush teeth get dressed and leave at 6.20. Start walk about half 7 but actually start working about half 8.. have breakfast, coffee and numero dos at work on the companies times rather than my sleeping time.

Normally leave myself 20 minutes between getting out of bed and leaving the house, this allows more than sufficient time to shit (if necessary), shower, brush teeth, and get dressed. At the moment alarm is going off at 6.40 to get into work for 7.25.

Got one of those smartwatches that tracks movement though so if It wakes me up in the 20 minutes beforehand I’ll read the news on my phone, if not I’ll read it on the bus.

Fair enough if you’ve got kids or pets but some folk on here waste a ridiculous amount of time in the morning that could be spent sleeping.

18 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Normally leave myself 20 minutes between getting out of bed and leaving the house, this allows more than sufficient time to shit (if necessary), shower, brush teeth, and get dressed. At the moment alarm is going off at 6.40 to get into work for 7.25.

Got one of those smartwatches that tracks movement though so if It wakes me up in the 20 minutes beforehand I’ll read the news on my phone, if not I’ll read it on the bus.

Fair enough if you’ve got kids or pets but some folk on here waste a ridiculous amount of time in the morning that could be spent sleeping.

Agreed, a guy I carpool with gets up at 5 (we meet at half 6) so he can pray, medidate, eat, get ready and watch the news before leaving for work :blink: Then sits in the car for an hour on the journey to work.

Just been put on dayshift for 2 weeks so this morning for the first time in my life I went for a jog after getting up. 

Up at 0650.

Jog from 0700-0730.

Make and consume porridge 0730-0750 whilst swatching p&b.

Go for shower and get ready 0750-0815.

Decide porridge wasn't enough and have 3 weetabix whilst surfing da web 0815-0830.

0830 - Leave for work.

I'd love to have moretimeto myself in the morning but I'm not going to get up at 5am so I can sit and have a coffee. I get my breakfast in the office as well.

Interestingly when I worked in Italy for a week everyone there arrived in the office a bit later, no-one ate breakfast in the office and everyone took a full hour for lunch.

If I'm dayshift then I get up at 5 with one alarm, jump in the shower and brush teeth by 5.15, downstairs let the dog out for a pee and then make my piece and read my phone for 5 mins, out the door at 5.35 for a 6am start. I try to get bed no later than 10.30 as well so that I'm getting 6/6 and a bit hours. 

On 2 December 2016 at 18:11, supermik said:

Make a cup of tea and my sandwiches and flask for work. Every workday for the past 3 years I have made the exact same.. 2 sandwiches with Morrisons honey roast ham, bag plain crisps, bag cheese and onion and a bag of quavers.

No offence, Supermik. But there's something quite Serial Killerish about this part of your post. 

The same lunch for three years? 

Alarm at 6.50, snooze it for 8 mins, wake up and scour through Twitter to see if anyone famous has died. In the shower by 7.05, spend a solid 15 mins in there wishing I was dead/in bed. 

7.20 get dressed

7.25 eat my cereal

7.35 brush teeth, fart around with contact lenses etc.

7.48 - late for leaving at 7.45, stumble into work at 8.05, tell myself i'll wake up earlier the next day.

Repeat.

06.04 alarm.
Up, feed cats, into bathroom for teeth, shit, shower.
Dress, in dark if Monday or Tuesday as wench has those days off to look after the boy.
Kitchen, brown toast with butter, pint of water and virgin mary. Listen to radio and read the news.
If the boy is up, which usually he's not (he's 2 and sleeps a lot), I'll make him a selection of fruit pieces before nursery.
07.05 hop in car to get to work for 07.30. I like to start early and finish early.

I'm a creature of habit and I get annoyed if anything interferes with the above routine.

Alarm at 06:00 - up by 06:10

Shower, dress, leave for work by 06:30

Arrive at work for 06:45 - get a coffee

Toast and more coffess around 8am at work

I occasionally decide at 6am to stay in bed until after 8 and get to work for 9am

4 am. Woken by cat. Chased him around threatening to kick his furry c**t in.

4.15-4.16 Sweet loving with missus.

4.17-5.45 Coffee (1 large cafetière) P&B

6am Gym

7am Swim

7.05 Power cut

7.15 Getting dressed by mobile phone light as a nice Polish leisure centre staff member illuminated my arse.

7,45 2 espresso 

8am School run (dropping off, not looking for prey)

8.40 Work. Large cafetière 

Archived