Morning routine for work

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tumble out of bed and stumble to the kitchen, pour myself a cup of ambition. Then I yawn and stretch and try to come to life.

Jump in the shower and the blood starts pumping while out in the street the traffic starts jumping with folks like me on the job from 9 til 5.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

No time for a w**k? That coffee and shite should be taken on works time btw

Yeah usually do that when the GF is in the shower, will just depend on what time I'm getting up though. Always need a shit the second the coffee is even in my sights though!

Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head.

Went downstairs and drank a cup, looked up, noticed I was late.

Found my coat and grabbed my hat, made the bus in seconds flat.

Found my way upstairs and has a smoke. Someone spoke and I went into a dream.

Wake up, snooze alarm, snooze alarm, snooze alarm, snooze alarm, jump in shower, lean against wall of shower till water goes cold, get changed, go to work, arrive ten minutes late, blame traffic, get coffee, think about maybe doing some work at some point 

Depends. Mon-Fri my alarm is usually set for 07.00. I almost always hit snooze, meaning I get up 10 minutes later. If I'm not a lazy b*****d I then have some water, go for a pish then a shower, have some more water, get changed, brush my teeth, then walk to work. I take breakfast to work but sometimes if I haven't been arsed to make it the night before then I'll just fire to Greggs en route to work.

If I've been a lazy b*****d then I hit snooze again, or even set the alarm for 07.30. I then drink some water, pish, shower, drink more water, brush my teeth then go in to town to catch a bus (and if I've been a lazy cunto and not made breakfast pick something up in town).

Sometimes I have to shit before I leave, but I try and save that for work. If I do have to shit, it's always before showering though (ensures that after wiping I can give the arse a good clean).

On a weekend, or if I'm off, I usually sleep until 09.30. I may have a w**k depending on how I feel, and then possibly a shit if I'm needing at the time. A pish then a shower follows, then it's get dressed followed by a bowl of cereal, followed by the brushing of the teeth.

If I've been out pished the night before then I usually wake up at a random time, drink some water, have a pish, then go the f**k back to sleep. I'll get up at some time and do the usual pish/shite/shower routine.

Alarm goes at 6 and I'm usually more or less awake when it goes. Then it goes again at 6.03 and 6.05, then again finally at 6.30. At this last alarm I get out of bed and go for a shite. Then a shower, then I dress in my work gear that I've laid out the night before and I'm out the door for 7. Arrive at work at 7.30 and have a hot beverage (coffee or tea) and open my emails. Start working more or less immediately though I don't officially start until 8.

Weekend routine varies in that I'll be mildly hungover and I'll get out of bed at 8 with my kid in tow to make his breakfast and put cartoons on for him before my morning shite.

Up at 6.15, or earlier if I'm awake before the alarm. Shit, shave and shower, then dressed. Downstairs for breakfast, back up for teeth, hair and aftershave. Out by 7.15 and into work by 7.45 which is handy if I need to get first dibs on the photo copier before some bugger jams it.

if the kids are at my house, then they get a shout after my shower to get up. This results in a delay of 15 minutes or so to my leaving the house because my daughter isn't a morning person and almost has to be dragged out of bed, fed and forced to get ready. All the while my other half makes up the packed lunches for them.

I like to fully maximise the most amount of time in bed. I give myself just enough time to get up brush my teeth, take a shower and get dressed before having to leave for work.
Why are people faffing about putting coffee on and watching TV when they could be sleeping?

Im usually pretty livid if Barry White needs dropped off outside work hours.

It's alright if your work are kind enough to shell out for decent toilet roll, every employer I've had has been a miserable b*****d and you need to triple wrap each time you go for a wipe otherwise you'll end up with a brown bishop.

First alarm at 6:10, last one at 6:50 with a couple in between, aim to be getting out of bed at 6:30. Shower, get dressed in clothes that have been set out night before, dry hair, have breakfast, 2 or 3 glasses of water and maybe a cup of tea if I can be arsed. Scroll through Twitter/P&B, make sure bag has everything I need including piece box (or whatever I'm having for lunch that day), fill bottle of water, brush teeth and out the door by 7:40. 

Archived