speck wearers

Traditional opticians can / will be more expensive, but this is your eyes you're talking about and saving a few quid won't seem quite as attractive when you're like Morocco Mole as you get older, or you start getting headaches because Asda or whoever have a £7 an hour guy serving you.  Do it properly.  Your prescription might be right...but it might not.  Getting an optician to check it is worth the extra cash, plus they are also looking for other health issues that you might have.

<<<<specky basturt and not an optician

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

I got 2 pairs and the wife got 2 pairs and I got a also got a discount through my work. We were more than 2 Hibs ST for fuxake.

Aye, but which was better value for money?...

It's around 6 years since I last bought glasses in there, only bought the one pair but also got my contact lenses from them. The lenses were costing as much there as they cost anywhere else, the glasses not too much more than I was quoted in Specsavers though it was mostly the frame that was costing more.

Actually got new glasses over here a few weeks ago. Price is around double what I would expect to pay in the UK, but I'm hopeful I can claim it back from my health insurance which is why I used the opticians here instead of waiting until I could get an appointment at home.

I only really need my glasses for night driving. My prescription is so slight that it doesn't make much difference day to day. 

I'm a hipster c**t that wears them when I don't need them and rarely bother with them when I should. 

I don't really see whats cool as f**k about wearing prescription sunglasses, if you want to wear sunglasses then it shouldn't mean you have to be visually impaired to do so if you chose not to wear contact lenses.

9 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Bitch please. 

I've got 2 pairs of transitions 8)

Transitions are for old c***s.

7 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don't really see whats cool as f**k about wearing prescription sunglasses, if you want to wear sunglasses then it shouldn't mean you have to be visually impaired to do so if you chose not to wear contact lenses.

Do one, knobhead.

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

So I've been to the optician and I need glasses for when I work on computers.

Having had perfect vision for over 30 years I don't have a fucking clue how you go about buying the fucking things. What's better in store/online from a friend of a friend behind a pub.

I need glasses when on a computer too, but off the shelf reading ones are perfectly okay for me.

As Welshbairn says Poundland glasses will do. Not sure how much they cost though.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I need glasses when on a computer too, but off the shelf reading ones are perfectly okay for me.

As Welshbairn says Poundland glasses will do. Not sure how much they cost though.

A pound?

23 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Bitch please. 

I've got 2 pairs of transitions 8)

People who wear transitions were placed quite highly on my YOUKNOWWHAT Scale if I remember correctly. #RhymesWithFeast

The only b*****d about wearing prescription sunglasses was forgetting to take your normal specs out in the late afternoon/early evening, when it goes from blinding sunlight to complete darkness in 30 minutes. You're then left wondering what's better; blinded by shite eyesight or blinded by wearing sunglasses in the dark.

Archived