speck wearers

So I've been to the optician and I need glasses for when I work on computers.

Having had perfect vision for over 30 years I don't have a fucking clue how you go about buying the fucking things. What's better in store/online from a friend of a friend behind a pub.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

So I've been to the optician and I need glasses for when I work on computers.

Having had perfect vision for over 30 years I don't have a fucking clue how you go about buying the fucking things. What's better in store/online from a friend of a friend behind a pub.

^^^ 4 eyes

I've only ever bought them from a Specsavers shop, I've never bought online, though I recently saw the prices online and reckon I'll give that option a go next time I need a pair.

I was called a "speccy basturt" the very day I got my first pair, by an Ayr United fan who was a slavering mess that Dumbarton had just beaten them to get their first three points of the season in November. He wanted a square go, the ginger c**t. It was awesome.

Most places will probably give you a free eye test, then it's just picking a frame and them ordering the lenses as per your prescription. I went from an independent firm to Asda opticians and they are 100% better in my experience. There's a lot of choices though so I would have a look about (no pun intended). I've ever bought online and probably won't so can't help you there.

<<< also a specky b*****d

I have been wearing contact lenses since i was about 15 and glasses during the evenings when i take the lenses out, don't really like wearing glasses when I'm out in public. I got a free pair of glasses from Specsavers because i have a standing order due to my contacts but they aren't such a good selection.

I always got mine from https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk just so long as you have your prescription handy so know what to order. I prefer a big thick rim myself so always know what to order but you might want to go into a shop and try a few pairs on so you know what you prefer and what ones will compliment the shape of your head. 

Bought four pairs in-store at Specsavers over the last two years or so. I think I looked online each time but ended up feeling that I needed to actually see them in the shop before buying. Specsavers are good for the Golden Ticket thing they do, I got a pair of prescription specs in the summer for <£50  (should have been nearly £100) because I'd bought a pair in the last six months or something.

"Look at the size eh they windaes!" was one of the first things a workmate said to me when he first saw me wearing glasses. They were quite large tbf. 

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

I have been wearing contact lenses since i was about 15 and glasses during the evenings when i take the lenses out, don't really like wearing glasses when I'm out in public. I got a free pair of glasses from Specsavers because i have a standing order due to my contacts but they aren't such a good selection.

I always got mine from https://www.glassesdirect.co.uk just so long as you have your prescription handy so know what to order. I prefer a big thick rim myself so always know what to order but you might want to go into a shop and try a few pairs on so you know what you prefer and what ones will compliment the shape of your head. 

That doesn't surprise me...

6 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

When I became a specky c**t I 1st went to 20/20. After selling the house and going on the game to pay for them I went to a more modest for eyes.

Much better prices

20/20 weren't too bad price wise when I used them.

Archived