Peterhead v Airdrie

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

What an absolute shambles we were today. Didn't deserve anything from that game at all. You can say we missed a penalty etc but I thought both of them were quite soft. Our defence is still a shambles and has been for at least the last year. Well done to Airdire who done exactly what they needed to do.

Could easily have finished 3-3 but that would have been "daylight" robbery. No excuses, just well beaten.

Biggest mistake was switching the floodlights back on. Should have gone for a replay and accepted any fines. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

Hutton was quietly efficient and effective. Played the Fitz role very well.

Noticed Stewart wasn't in the squad guessing he is injured. I am happy we won today for the fans who made the long journey their and back, as it makes it all the more worthwhile.

I don't know to be honest. Yes it could have been 3-3 but outside of the 2 soft penalties we never seriously looked like scoring in that second half. I think the Airdire keeper only really had to make 1 save. Pumping balls over the bar isn't unlucky it is poor finishing, I think people are being far too optimistic. Jim should have changed things as soon as we went 2 down as it was obvious the 4-3-3 wasn't working and we didn't really get back into the game until he changed it with half an hour to go. Was also worried by the bench today as we were 3-1 down at home and all we have to bring on is a CB and a CM. Also what was he thinking putting Kevin at RB when he came on? That was just mad and probably cost us the 3rd goal.

That's a huge 3 points for us today. A tough place to go to but we went and got the win, really cementing our place in the top 2 and as the form team. Glad to hear that Hutton played well. Anyone know why Scott Stewart wasn't playing? Injured?

Livi away in a couple of weeks is a massive game. 

3 minutes ago, waysider said:

As Stewart wasn't even on the bench he must have been injured or unwell.He was the first to be substituted last week and I thought he looked less than 100 per cent.

McIntosh is also giving the manager  a good headache. Stewart is a good player and is good going forward where as McIntosh is good defensively.

9 hours ago, kerrdavidson95 said:

How the f*ck can you go from being at the Abu Dhabi GP to Balmoor in the space of a week?

Must be one of those fishermen types.

I salute you!

Cheers but i aint a fishing type

19 hours ago, doulikefish said:

That was a bit mental,could have easily ended up 7 each or 14-3 to airdrie or 14-3 to us:lol:

I know where you are coming from because a lot of chances were created and not taken but I enjoyed a win at last in Peterhead. Don't quite agree with the 14-3 comment as I am sure you spotted we did score 4 of those many chances. Your pies are also excellent. Two soft penalties also but who am I to complain when I count the number we got against Queens park. I was surprised to read that Peterhead have only won 2 games at home mind you.

49 minutes ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I know where you are coming from because a lot of chances were created and not taken but I enjoyed a win at last in Peterhead. Don't quite agree with the 14-3 comment as I am sure you spotted we did score 4 of those many chances. Your pies are also excellent. Two soft penalties also but who am I to complain when I count the number we got against Queens park. I was surprised to read that Peterhead have only won 2 games at home mind you.

It's a cliche this 'Peterhead is a tough place to visit', it's really not, people just seem to class anywhere that is far away as a tough place to go. As you say they have won 2 of 7 at home, and the rest of the top 4 Livi, Alloa and Brechin have all already gone there and won this season. If you have any thoughts on winning the league it's a fixture you'd need to win, particularly when by far their best player isn't playing. It's a decent surface so provided it's not blowing a gale there is no reason for it to be any tougher than a home game against them.

1 hour ago, Chapelhall chap said:

Ach i know what you mean but your 4th was when we were on the cavalry charge trying to get an equaliser 

Our home form is poor and every other week im trying to defend players who away from home have been decent then turn up at balmoor and people are asking how they get a game

5 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Our home form is poor and every other week im trying to defend players who away from home have been decent then turn up at balmoor and people are asking how they get a game

To be fair Balmoor is like an away game for most of the Peterhead squad.

15 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

It's a cliche this 'Peterhead is a tough place to visit', it's really not, people just seem to class anywhere that is far away as a tough place to go. As you say they have won 2 of 7 at home, and the rest of the top 4 Livi, Alloa and Brechin have all already gone there and won this season. If you have any thoughts on winning the league it's a fixture you'd need to win, particularly when by far their best player isn't playing. It's a decent surface so provided it's not blowing a gale there is no reason for it to be any tougher than a home game against them.

You're absolutely right DaF,  it's been a happy hunting ground for us.   10 league/playoff games there and we've won 6 and drew 1.      

20 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Ach i know what you mean but your 4th was when we were on the cavalry charge trying to get an equaliser 

Our away form isn't exactly much better to be honest. Away from home we have taken 11 points from 8 games and at home 5 points from 7 games. If we beat Alloa on Saturday then it will only be a 3 point difference. I am starting to think it is not the players anyway (apart from the couple of usuals who don't contribute enough).

4 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Our away form is exactly much better to be honest. Away from home we have take 11 points from 8 games and at home 5 points from 7 games. If we beat Alloa on Saturday then it will only be a 3 point difference. I am starting to think it is not the players anyway (apart from the couple of usuals who don't contribute enough).

I look forward to Petrehead beating Alloa while Airdrie finally beat Stenhousemuir when I am at the game. That would set up a nice clash against our former players at Livingston

Archived