Queens Park v Brechin

Going to be interesting to see how we line up with basicly our whole midfield wiped out pabs O'Neil Trouten Fin Jacko and Dale all out and Love rated doubtful looks like we will have no subs on the bench. Which makes an already tough game even harder but the guys who played on Tuesday night put in a great shift

The league's best defence against the league's poorest scorers is on paper an away win but I think this will be a very close contest. The team's starting to get a settled look about it and confidence is higher too, although Brechin will be a sterner test than their Angus neighbours. Tough card for the QP over the next four weeks and I'd gladly take 5 points from the 12 available. Hampden's in good nick and the weather looks fair so all-in-all a good day not to be at the shops (other than the QP Club Shop that is;)). Mon The Spiders!

No confirmation from the club that I have seen yet but I hope there will be a mark of respect for those that died in the Colombian plane crash. It really is, just a game.

Things have turned around a bit for us in the past couple of weeks and I'm a lot more positive about this than I might have been.  Gus will have hard choices to make up front.  Carter engine was into overdrive on Tuesday and I was knackered watching him, so it'll be interesting to see who plays up front.  Galt seems to be able to find the target more than most...keep him in?  And hopefully that wondrous goal on Tuesday will have perked up Paul Woods.

Trouten was a real star for us and I'm glad that he's out.

So, I'll be straight off Santa's knee on Saturday and off to the game in plenty of time.

The league's best defence against the league's poorest scorers is on paper an away win

Not if you look at Brechin's absentees, to say we have an injury crisis is an understatement. We could be missing Paul McLean, Chris O'Neill, James Dale, Finn Graham, Ally Love, Alan Trouten and Andy Jackson. All of these guys are key players and in fact make up our entire first choice midfield and attack.

Hopefully another battling performance like Tuesday but I fear it could be a long afternoon on a big park.

Whys Paps out - injured? He served his suspension on Tuesday night - did he not.

Whats up with Dale? Graham was raring to go on Tuesday but held back as a precaution - might he play?

Love di take a sore one on Tuesday.

Can we get another emergency loan?

We have been down to the bare bones for a few weeks now, I think our strongest starting line up with everyone fit would look like this

buzz

pabz Mccormack hill

o,neil dale graham dyer

love trouten

Jackson  

out of that 11 we will have 3 available

buzz hill and dyer so this could be a very tough afternoon, 

good to see Fusco back tho he was different class on Tuesday,

all our so called fringe players showed up well on Tuesday . We have a real Sprit within the team this year so wouldn't put it past these guys getting a result

Bloody typical City s luck ! The local Boys Club are taking around 130 kids n parents for a day out to Hampden and we have weakest team of season available ... A wee chance to gain a few extra fans at home games if we put up a good display ..... Queens were a hard team when we played them at home so this will need a battling performance to pick up anything.

I've stopped even trying to predict what our results might be. Neither a 3-0 win or a 3-0 defeat would surprise me in any way. It's just that sort of league. We've been terrific since Stenny handed us our arse a few weeks ago and have looked a lot more solid at the back. Good to hear of a healthy support coming down. We have a new social club since Brechin last visited, which is on the South Stand side at the Mount Florida end at Lesser Hampden. Hopefully a good day out and an enjoyable game, if not the result they might be looking for! 

Up to 5th place. The highest I can ever remember us being at this juncture of the season. Can't speak highly enough of the character of the players and I genuinely believe we have the best manager in the bottom two leagues. 20 points on the board, so far. I think another 20 points from the remaining 21 games would be enough to see us safe. Absolutely no reason why we can't get that done on the evidence of what we've seen. 

1 hour ago, Wasps1 said:

Didn't think Brechin would last the pace 

Ha ha we re shite but we re still above you .... Too early too write us off ,we ve no near a strong enough pool as we re finding out ... To reach plays offs will be our realistic aim .. We ve had 3 huge games against yourselves Ayr and Livvy in last 5 /6 weeks and not really risen to occasion .. Although Tues we were well under strength ... And today was always gonna be a hard game with so many big players out .. Once we start getting players back I m sure we ll kick off again but need to bolster squad....2 home games this week coming up with a depleted squad will take its toll even more ... But that's where we are right now..James Dale is a big miss but lads coming in are trying they re best and will improve with game time ...

Queens deserved their win today we were just not good enough. Cladwell should have scored but hesitated and the keeper got the ball and that's all he did the whole game. Good to see trouts graham and Jacko all coming on so hopefully that's us starting to get players back. Enjoyed the day out though we were made to feel very welcome in the social club.

Archived