Bans a bit much?

6 minutes ago, neily1690 said:

Just verbal altercations, few games av been to games are going fine then boom its officials show, dont get me wrong there is good refs in league but authoritys went to some of there heads

I'm struggling to equate verbal altercations with a 14 game ban. That doesn't tie up with disciplinary procedures in any leagues or associations I've been involved in. Strongly suspect that there is a hell of a lot more to it.

I'm struggling to equate verbal altercations with a 14 game ban. That doesn't tie up with disciplinary procedures in any leagues or associations I've been involved in. Strongly suspect that there is a hell of a lot more to it.

I witnessed the "crime"... He adopted an 'aggressive' posture and spoke in a raised tone towards the match official! I wouldn't say anything else happened but I may have missed something, but I doubt it tbf...

I believe the fact that he received such a significant ban was the fact that a similar charge had been submitted by the exact same referee last season resulting in an 8 match ban!

However, the other players ban was incorrect as I know for a fact that the only player to have spoken to the referee post match was one who only signed in the last week, not one who had been named on the team line!

Sad that 2 officials in the league are extremely poor and bringing down the name of the officials in the league when I can think of 4 referees that I have watched in multiple matches since the start of last season are of a good standard and one is by far and a way of a standard that he defo has a chance at going on into the SPFL without a shadow of doubt in my mind!

It would appear by your statement (the prodigy)that this player has a problem with referees or referee my question to you would be why is he still playing for your club as it would seem to me that it is only a matter of time before your club could be in trouble with the powers at Hampden park.re your comment on the other player surely if the guilty person wasn't a signed player why was he allowed in the vicinity of the official......

• 2 weeks later...
It would appear by your statement (the prodigy)that this player has a problem with referees or referee my question to you would be why is he still playing for your club as it would seem to me that it is only a matter of time before your club could be in trouble with the powers at Hampden park.re your comment on the other player surely if the guilty person wasn't a signed player why was he allowed in the vicinity of the official......

Sometimes you have to overlook indiscipline when the player is a good player and is very loyal! Got to give a little to get a little they say!

As for the other player, the guilty party (6 matches) was a signed player but it was not he who spoke to the referee post match... Due to the ground layout, both fans and club officials can speak to the referee as he walks off the park. Now the player did receive part of his ban for the red card received on the Park, (1 of the 6 games) but the referees report to the SFA stated the incident he was reporting the player for took place post match, where said player was in the dressing room and did not see or speak to the referee!

Not good though when the referee had to ask our opposition the name of the person he "sent off" from their dugout though!

Needless to say, all bans are being served and cases are closed so this may as well be the end of the matter! As yet, the bans have not impacted us in a serious manner yet other than selection dilemmas I would say so we can always see that as a slight positive!

Not everyone in the dugout has numbered shirt on so I think the ref was entitled to ask who he was.It is also the duty of the home club to see the teams and officials safely to the dressing rooms so probably the less said the better. 

Regardless of shirt number or lack of shirt number every person in the technical area should be on the teamline which is the only legal record that clubs and referees can use if any misdemeanour occurs, if a person is not on the teamline then they have no business being in the vicinity of tech area

On 19 December 2016 at 18:14, theProdigy said:

Sometimes you have to overlook indiscipline when the player is a good player and is very loyal! Got to give a little to get a little they say!

As for the other player, the guilty party (6 matches) was a signed player but it was not he who spoke to the referee post match... Due to the ground layout, both fans and club officials can speak to the referee as he walks off the park. Now the player did receive part of his ban for the red card received on the Park, (1 of the 6 games) but the referees report to the SFA stated the incident he was reporting the player for took place post match, where said player was in the dressing room and did not see or speak to the referee!

Not good though when the referee had to ask our opposition the name of the person he "sent off" from their dugout though!

Needless to say, all bans are being served and cases are closed so this may as well be the end of the matter! As yet, the bans have not impacted us in a serious manner yet other than selection dilemmas I would say so we can always see that as a slight positive!

So are you calling the official a liar prodigy

Archived