Teckle Christmas Gifts

BFTD

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, throbber said:

Thanks - its asking how much i would be willing to pay for it though. Would maybe be worth a fiver at a push, i just want it for something that will give everyone a chuckle on Christmas day.

I usually just drop my boxers.

Just now, throbber said:

Thanks - its asking how much i would be willing to pay for it though. Would maybe be worth a fiver at a push, i just want it for something that will give everyone a chuckle on Christmas day.

Looks like a viral marketing spoof thing to me, no harm in offering a fiver though I suppose.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Looks like a viral marketing spoof thing to me, no harm in offering a fiver though I suppose.

Would be worth a fiver if i saw it on amazon or something aye, quite funny. Don't think she would be taking it to work though.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's one of those presents you buy for someone but secretly want for yourself.

I think my wife would bust that secret pretty sharpish.

18 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

It's one of those presents you buy for someone but secretly want for yourself.

Those are the best kind, I once came home with the back to the future trilogy DVD as a gift to the Mrs as she's never seen them and told her she would like them, she left half way into the first one bored to watch the iPad upstairs whilst I watched the rest and drank beers. 

2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Those are the best kind, I once came home with the back to the future trilogy DVD as a gift to the Mrs as she's never seen them and told her she would like them, she left half way into the first one bored to watch the iPad upstairs whilst I watched the rest and drank beers. 

Ladies and gentlemen, P&B's husband of the year.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The absolute best christmas present for the other half is a night away somewhere for the two of you. Epitome of selfishness dressed up as being romantic/thoughtful.

I did that.

Weekend in Dublin.

I watched football and got wasted.

Happy Birthday sweetheart :wub:

The absolute best christmas present for the other half is a night away somewhere for the two of you. Epitome of selfishness dressed up as being romantic/thoughtful.

Why didn't I think of that instead of buying her jewellery?

17 hours ago, throbber said:

I'm needing ideas for a Christmas present for a fat, boorish, rather slovenly 30 year old drunk who doesn't really have many hobbies - if anyone can think of any decent ideas then let me know. £100 maximum.

Thought you were buying me a pressie there, till I saw the age was wrong.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

What does teckle mean?

Aye, whit he said.

Why didn't I think of that instead of buying her jewellery?

f**k that shit for a laugh, not a hope in hell I'd buy the missus jewellery, she'd just moan that my taste is awful. Same goes for perfumes, clothes and other things to wear/use.

So I've developed a tactic of buying stuff that I think she'll like that serves no practical value and that I'd secretly love, much like Dazzles dvds. So much easier.

Her birthday is on the 30th of December, which is a bit of a c**t as far as present buying goes. I can't pitch them too far apart in terms of quality or thought, as there isn't enough time in between for any relative discrepancy to be gotten away with.

Sorted her birthday present already, bought her a Bose wireless speaker so she can stream music from her phone (when washing the dishes or making my dinner, obviously) as it seemed too practical and unglamorous to be a good christmas present. Problem is I now need to get something that is glamorous/pretty/girly in order that she doesn't get too pissed off when I use the speaker as often as she does.

Is there actually perfume that women won't like? I mean can you buy them a brand and they will complain they don't like the smell of it? I would have thought it was a universal easily thing to buy for women, much like bath bombs, chocolate and slippers.

Is there actually perfume that women won't like? I mean can you buy them a brand and they will complain they don't like the smell of it? I would have thought it was a universal easily thing to buy for women, much like bath bombs, chocolate and slippers.

Umm...good luck with that. It's the same as guys and aftershave.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I'm sure there must be a female equivalent to "Old Spice".

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Hoover.

Hope that helps.

Does it have to be a Hoover or is any old vacuum cleaner acceptable? Coincidentally, I was considering buying her a Dyson hairdryer until I seen they cost the best part of 500CHF. f**k that.