Scottish Junior Cup 4th Round

BeverleyHills

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beith v Talbot is potentially the most tedious pairing and lets be honest, it's destined to go to a replay.

the best draws are inter-regional , and this is a bit pish as the big tie of the round, if it happens of course.

Can't disagree but we can only play the opposition in front of us. PS. Hopefully it is after Pollok game.

36 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Beith v Talbot is potentially the most tedious pairing and lets be honest, it's destined to go to a replay.

the best draws are inter-regional , and this is a bit pish as the big tie of the round, if it happens of course.

Got to agree and I'm sick of the sight of Talbot this season and im sure that they will feel the same if they beat pollok.  

Prefer to play different teams from different regions and visit new places in the Scottish cup but either way you still need to beat the best to try and win it and Talbot or pollok are as tough as it gets in the west region for us and I'm sure that they will say the same regarding playing ourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Hertha/BJFC1938 said:

Got to agree and I'm sick of the sight of Talbot this season and im sure that they will feel the same if they beat pollok.  

Prefer to play different teams from different regions and visit new places in the Scottish cup but either way you still need to beat the best to try and win it and Talbot or pollok are as tough as it gets in the west region for us and I'm sure that they will say the same regarding playing ourselves. 

When pulling out a tie like this the one thing to be glad about is being the home team.

It's a good thing for every other team left on the competition.

Only one of the three will go through to the quarters and Linlithgow/Bo'ness both won't make it either.

10 minutes ago, energyzone said:

It's a good thing for every other team left on the competition.

Only one of the three will go through to the quarters and Linlithgow/Bo'ness both won't make it either.

At this rate a team from the East might get to win it by default. 

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Happy enough with a home draw as we continue our crusade against the East Region, that makes it 6 out of 7 ties against East sides.

Would have preferred home myself but am not going to grumble too much. Our 4th tie against West Region teams teams this year (and 9th out of the 11 since Feb 2011)

After a decade with the Hi His, I'll finally get to see a match in Glasgow...

13 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

4 times already this season and 2 games in may n June last year so this will be 7th game in 8 month plus who's to say fixture guru might stick in beith v Talbot in league before then

Beith v talbot league match next is the biggest certainty ever if Talbot win on saturday. 

Boness will hammer the Rose if they both get through.

Hammer is a bit strong although I'll concede that BU would probably start as favourites were the two to meet. LR were the better side the last time out, until Bo'ness scored that is. Would be intriguing, need to wait and see.

If Pollok want into the next round they will need to up their game.only Talbot looked like winning as Pollok didn't play up until we scored.McCann is a very good player imho but his own team took him out of the game by playing at such a low tempo.if you want to beat the bot,you have to look the part.

Archived