Private car park Fixed Penalty charge

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because he had accumulated enough tickets that it was worth them taking him to court.

Your £100 is not worth going to court over, his guts of 5 grand was.

They also apparently had cctv evidence showing him removing tickets from the car, therefore proving he was the driver.

If you get a notice through the post identifying you as registered keeper then as long as you don't Lee Wallace yourself or the actual driver responsible they can't do anything.

Also bear in mind they settled before it got to court and settled for 2 grand less than what they could have gotten if they had seen it through.

If their case was that water tight surely you'd refuse to settle and take the extra 2k plus legal costs that they would be awarded when they won the case?

As above, never contact the parking company. But I have twice taken the letter to store managers along with proof of spending and they've quashed it, once at Morrisons in Inverness and once at Lidl in Oswestry. I've also ignored a couple and nothing happened. With the Morrisons one I was worried about my elderly parents opening the increasingly threatening letters you get and panicking.

Your parents open your letters?

Had two of these and binned both. Got a few follow up letters which also got binned before they gave up.

One of them was parking in the shop car park across from Albion Rovers ground for a midweek game. The shop was shut and there was only a few cars in the car park but they still sent us out a ticket.

I've had two of these so called penalty notices a few years back from company called Parking Eye while using a local hotel car park. Google led me to a forum on Martin Lewis's site which recommended ignoring it completely. Two more scare tactics letters came and went threatening all sorts then I heard nothing further.  Only the police have the power to require you to identify the driver following an offence/road accident.

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

I appreicate he kicked arse out it but if their fines/Letters are not acountable in scottish law surely it shouldnt matter if it was my mrs once or guy from sky park 33times

I can't believe you actually managed to pass your driving test. 

5 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

I was happy to bin till i read daily record link. One minute the company not got a leg to stand on in scotland but now they do ??

#winning

16 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Aye this shitebaggery is unreal. Instead of posting several different threads, if you're that worried, pay the fine. If not, bin it like 99% of people do when they get one of these tickets.

I do enjoy seeing life's shitebags at work.

Some of the stuff they convince themselves will happen is surreal. I'm amazed they get out of bed for fear they will die outside.

15 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Shawfield appears to be a shivering, mewling shitebag over this matter. I reckon once he's cleaned his arse and changed his underwear he'll pay it like a big sappy bitch

:lol:

Can see him sending them a big apology letter and a float for the staff Xmas night out too.

His Mrs must love having such a strong man around the house.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

:lol:

Can see him sending them a big apology letter and a float for the staff Xmas night out too.

His Mrs must love having such a strong man around the house.

^^^^Eric Bristow type post, IMHO

I got one from the wee retail park across from the Kingsgate in Dunfermline, on the Sunday after Christmas a few years back. I just assumed it'd be OK, given the time of year and the fact it was a Sunday - evidently it's never acceptable to park longer than two hours outside B&Q, 

Got maybe five or six letters in total, each one getting more threatening including one with headed paper from a 'solicitor'. Just ignore them and you'll be fine.

I also got one from Stirling Uni when I went there, ignored that too. 

f**k the police. 

maxresdefault.jpg

Impressed by the fact you even found a place to park your car at Stirling Uni.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/11/2016 at 13:01, tree house tam said:

The only downside is if you have a company car. In some cases the company pay the fine then charge you. Which is nice.

This has just happened to me today <_< ...

On 30/11/2016 at 20:56, Jack Burton said:

One of them was parking in the shop car park across from Albion Rovers ground for a midweek game. The shop was shut and there was only a few cars in the car park but they still sent us out a ticket.

... for doing exactly this <_<

ETA - whats worse is they've spelt my name wrong on the letter to the lease company. They could easily have got out of it

29 minutes ago, Mr X said:

This has just happened to me today <_< ...

... for doing exactly this <_<

ETA - whats worse is they've spelt my name wrong on the letter to the lease company. They could easily have got out of it

Didn't get to that game but that is where I was going to park!

Lucky escape imo, both the game and the ticket:lol:

How stupid are they to misspell Mr X ?

On 11/30/2016 at 13:41, GingerSaint said:

I ignored one I got a few months ago on the advice of PnB. Numerous letter so far have also been ignored and the most recent one said that I could just pay £111 as opposed to £140 if I do it now. :lol:

Special discounted price of £80 now. :lol:

6 hours ago, Kool Keith said:

Tbh for the sake of £30/£40 I'd probably have just coughed it up to avoid any potential future hassle.

Thankfully there are enough people like you to fill their coffers so they don't waste money suing the rest of us on risky legal grounds.

• 1 month later...

Got one of these the day any notice they are now quoting winning that case that was posted previously.

From my reading they won f**k all the shite bag settled out of court therefore it proved f**k all that these things are worth paper they are written on.

Filed in the bin.

Archived