Private car park Fixed Penalty charge

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Romeo said:

I'n 20+ years of driving I have never had a fine or parking notice of any kind.

I manage this by parking in the right places and not exceeding the allotted time.

Nobody likes that guy Romeo. 

15 minutes ago, Cille Mhernaig said:

But only in England, POFA does not apply in Scotland so their tickets are not enforceable full stop, never mind you being liable for 'loss of earnings'. 

The tickets are enforceable but only against the driver.

POFA does not stop enforcement where the driver is known IE has made themselves known.

Which is why it is imperative you don't do anything to interact with them which includes fannying about with a Lidl store manager with a receipt for your grapes.

I got one from the wee retail park across from the Kingsgate in Dunfermline, on the Sunday after Christmas a few years back. I just assumed it'd be OK, given the time of year and the fact it was a Sunday - evidently it's never acceptable to park longer than two hours outside B&Q, 

Got maybe five or six letters in total, each one getting more threatening including one with headed paper from a 'solicitor'. Just ignore them and you'll be fine.

I also got one from Stirling Uni when I went there, ignored that too. 

f**k the police. 

maxresdefault.jpg

1 minute ago, Paco said:

I got one from the wee retail park across from the Kingsgate in Dunfermline, on the Sunday after Christmas a few years back. I just assumed it'd be OK, given the time of year and the fact it was a Sunday - evidently it's never acceptable to park longer than two hours outside B&Q, 

Got maybe five or six letters in total, each one getting more threatening including one with headed paper from a 'solicitor'. Just ignore them and you'll be fine.

I also got one from Stirling Uni when I went there, ignored that too. 

f**k the police private parking companies but not the police as their fines are very much enforceable. 

FTFY

I ignored one I got a few months ago on the advice of PnB. Numerous letter so far have also been ignored and the most recent one said that I could just pay £111 as opposed to £140 if I do it now. :lol:

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

I'n 20+ years of driving I have never had a fine or parking notice of any kind.

I manage this by parking in the right places and not exceeding the allotted time.

All thats missing from this post is "Grimbo" at the end

Mods, this one is worth watching, sounds like the type of guy that would drop you in it to your boss for f**k all

Wife got one through post yesterday (Not signed to receive) for parking in Lidl

70.00 or 40.00 if paid within X Amount of days

Pay or patch

I actually work for Lidl and I can help you take care of this.

If you just PM me with your........well you know the rest.

Consider the matter sorted.

2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

The tickets are enforceable but only against the driver.

POFA does not stop enforcement where the driver is known IE has made themselves known.

Which is why it is imperative you don't do anything to interact with them which includes fannying about with a Lidl store manager with a receipt for your grapes.

You are correct never to interact with the parking company who have issues the notice. I didn't make it clear that I was speaking as the registered keeper not as driver. 

So if you did contact supermarket manager; it would be as the registered keeper, complaining about the parking company employed by the supermarket accessing your details as registered keeper from the DVLA using POFA, providing the parking ticket reference but without giving the drivers name and threaten to take your business elsewhere.

In that situation you would probably get the supermarket cancelling the ticket and an apology for the inconvenience. 

1 minute ago, Cille Mhernaig said:

You are correct never to interact with the parking company who have issues the notice. I didn't make it clear that I was speaking as the registered keeper not as driver. 

So if you did contact supermarket manager; it would be as the registered keeper, complaining about the parking company employed by the supermarket accessing your details as registered keeper from the DVLA using POFA, providing the parking ticket reference but without giving the drivers name and threaten to take your business elsewhere.

In that situation you would probably get the supermarket cancelling the ticket and an apology for the inconvenience. 

There's also no need to hand over the letter and thus your ID to the store manager until he agrees to revoke it. If he says it's nothing to do with him and take it up with the parking firm, then revert to plan B and bin it.

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I actually work for Lidl and I can help you take care of this.

If you just PM me with your........well you know the rest.

Consider the matter sorted.

What deals have you kunts got on for Xmas bevvy?

1 hour ago, Cille Mhernaig said:

Possibly this might work. I don't know why you would go to all the hassle when just binning the letter is the easiest way to ensure success.

From what I have read it seems a real messy picture about what supermarket managers can or will do. Some will cancel it, some say no power to as sub contracted out to third party to manage the car park.

Archived