Aberdeen v Stranraer/East Kilbride

AR851903

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/01/2017 at 06:31, blue_1870 said:

I'd think we'll have somewhere in the region of 75. A new ground to visit for a whole generation of our fans, and I know there are a few who plan to make a weekend of it.

Ambivalence towards the current manager could knock a few dozen off this figure, but our away fans are a loyal bunch and will turn up regardless.

I was at Peterhead v Stranraer a while back and they had a very decent away support. Seemed like fine fellows, in so far as most of them were pished (or mental).

16 hours ago, monthe blues said:

can i subscribe for red tv to watch this game live

I don't have time to look just now but you can possibly change your VPN to watch this in the UK. No sure how legal or safe it is but, I did something similar to get BBC Alba in Italy for the play-off final. This was to access UK TV outwith the country, I'd imagine there's someway of doing the reverse.  

Googled how to do it and was pretty much taken by the hand from there.

Not particularly looking forward to this, mainly because I have a crippling fear of lower league teams embarrassing us.

Making the journey up from Edinburgh nonetheless, hoping we start at a good pace and not like we've just had a week in Dubai [emoji849]

All the best to Stranraer fans making the journey.

Strange one for me tomorrow --anyone that knows me will realise how enthusiastic I am about the Dons but nothing worse than folk cheering on the big club v their hometown team - makes me cringe when I see people from our town gloating when Rangers or Celtic bang a few goals past Stranraer - no achievement there guys. So tomorrow will be the one occasion where I certainly won't be celebrating if and when the Dons score. After the game finishes I will go back to fully backing the only 3 teams that will ever mean anything to me - Stranraer, Aberdeen and Scotland.     

Aberdeen will win but I really hope Stranraer give a good account of themselves.  

This should be a stick on win for us.

Stranraer are bottom of the '3rd division' and have just sacked their manager. So why do I still have a slight worry?

It will all be OK if we score early and I believe we could win this by a few. If we don't though......

Nah, f**k it. Easy home win. Surely?

Looking forward to tomorrow. After a house move last weekend and associated work with it, tomorrow is a the first real chance to relax, have a few vodkas and chill.

Having seen a number of cup upsets and teams disrespecting the English FA Cup, I would like us to play a strong team tomorrow. It may be the chance to play the likes of Pawlett and Storey for McInnes.

However, I would like us to play the same team as at Tynecastle: Lewis; Logan, Taylor, Reynolds, Considine; Jack, Shinnie; McGinn, McLean, Hayes; Rooney. Get the team going again and keep some continuity.

If the game goes well first half, then bring on Storey and Pawlett or Stockley at half time. But let's win the game first.

Stranraer players seem to be coming up with the attitude of this is an unwelcome distraction from the survival aim, which is a real shame. But it will be very refreshing to see a totally new team. Still got a decent core of the squad that reached the Playoff final to get into the Championship last season.

In saying that, I fancy the Famous to win 3-0 with Rooney, McGinn and Hayes all on target.

This should be a stick on win for us.

Stranraer are bottom of the '3rd division' and have just sacked their manager.

Just appointed a new manager actually.

You're right though - team at the top end of the '1st division' should beat us comfortably!

Points are much more important to us now, but we all dream of causing a Cup upset - I'm really looking forward to going to a ground I haven't visited in 20 years!

You're right though - team at the top end of the '1st division' should beat us comfortably!
Points are much more important to us now, but we all dream of causing a Cup upset - I'm really looking forward to going to a ground I haven't visited in 20 years!

Enjoy your day out if not the game.

3-0 to the famous.

I'm really looking forward to going to a ground I haven't visited in 20 years!

It hasn't really changed. Maybe a few more red seats in the away end due to the original yellow ones occasionally getting ripped up by Rangers and Celtic fans. Oh, and wrap up warm.....

12 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

I thought he wasn't starting the job until after this weekend?

Enjoy your trip but I'd repeat the warning to wrap up warm. It's freezing today and Pittodrie always feels at least 5 degrees colder.

Stranraer looked utterly lost last weekend without Bell and Gibson so good news they're both back, would expect to see Neill feature in defence (as the only player to get pass marks last weekend) with Robertson moving into midfield alongside Wilson and Turner. Gibson with Agnew in behind either Malcolm/McGuigan up front. If Stranraer turn up and keep things tight to half time then just about anything could happen, otherwise 3-0 to the home side.

Archived