Aberdeen v Stranraer/East Kilbride

AR851903

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with the draw as we've had very disappointing Scottish Cup campaigns the last couple of years so to get a home tie and avoid fellow Premiership opposition is a boost.  Haven't seen us personally play either side before but would prefer East Kilbride purely because they're a non-league side and I think our last proper competitive tie against a non-league side was Elgin in 1971.

I think if the Stranraer attitude is right Aberdeen will play the blues.The Kilby went on a decent world record run of winning games but the oppo was probably poor for a lot of that run.I will take nothing for granted but your kid Joe Nuttall might bag himself a couple of goals,shown in his 2 games for us he's a bit of a player and the Dons support might have something to look forward to,in the next 2 or 3 seasons ahead.

I think if the Stranraer attitude is right Aberdeen will play the blues.The Kilby went on a decent world record run of winning games but the oppo was probably poor for a lot of that run.I will take nothing for granted but your kid Joe Nuttall might bag himself a couple of goals,shown in his 2 games for us he's a bit of a player and the Dons support might have something to look forward to,in the next 2 or 3 seasons ahead.

Saw him at the tail end of last season thought he was pish! Maybe league 1 is his level

5 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Our wait for a non league tie in the Scottish Cup continues. 

1971 v Elgin I read elsewhere. 

I asked when was the last time each current SPFL side had last played a non-league side in the cup in the Infowire sub-forum and we've had the longest wait by far.

Only ourselves, Killie, St Johnstone and Inverness CT have not played a non-league side this century :thumbsdown

• 5 weeks later...
Many Stranraer fans making the trip north?

I'd think we'll have somewhere in the region of 75. A new ground to visit for a whole generation of our fans, and I know there are a few who plan to make a weekend of it.

Ambivalence towards the current manager could knock a few dozen off this figure, but our away fans are a loyal bunch and will turn up regardless.

Archived