Rossvale Juniors future

LeeKRR1878

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the face of it, it does seem a little strange that the Council are making life difficult for Rossvale to bring semi-pro football to Bishopbriggs where they already have a large youth set-up.  I’d imagine the additional requirements are fairly minor to ensure the pitch meets SJFA requirements, particularly within a £7.9m budget which is an enormous sum.

I am sure it will get sorted but maybe the council are questioning the extra £ they would need to spend for the sake of rossvale juniors, where they will be able to rent the pitch without that extra expense. Are rossvale contributing any £ to help fund the project or are they solely going to rent the pitch from the council. They seem to want a lot done for them but putting very little in , unless someone knows otherwise

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/SJFAFiles/DocumentsandDownloads/GroundSpecificationCriteria/Ground Criteria.pdf

this link is the SJFA new ground criteria. We followed it very closely when building New Western Park, but as far as I remember no one from the SJFA contacted us at any point to check that we were sticking to the criteria, so it's hard to say exactly how stringent they are about clubs complying. Obviously they are trying to raise the standard of facilities, so they want as many of the points met.

I've only seen pictures of Rockburn and MTC Park, so apologies to both clubs if I'm doing them a disservice, but for a couple of 'new' grounds, I don't think either come close to meeting the requirements. As Burnie_man said, £7.9m is an enormous budget, many times more than we spent, so surely the whole thing can't fall apart because of the lack of a bit of perimeter fence or hard standing. 

Huntershill is costing more than Rob Roy's new ground. Rossvale say the council knew the requirements but I find it strange that half way through the building process they've now discovered it may not be sufficient. Surely there will be blue prints to work to so have the council told the building contractors to not install the hard standing or rail?

The reason to redevelop Huntershill was to have the juniors back at bishopbriggs with the youth teams having facilities to train and play.

I can't imagine the club putting much if any money towards it if they're paying £300 a game to club Glasgow for 5 years

1 hour ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Huntershill is costing more than Rob Roy's new ground. Rossvale say the council knew the requirements but I find it strange that half way through the building process they've now discovered it may not be sufficient. Surely there will be blue prints to work to so have the council told the building contractors to not install the hard standing or rail?

The reason to redevelop Huntershill was to have the juniors back at bishopbriggs with the youth teams having facilities to train and play.

I can't imagine the club putting much if any money towards it if they're paying £300 a game to club Glasgow for 5 years

So they will still need to rent the pitch from the council i take it. Was there not already a mistake when they originally astroturfed one of the pitches up there, it was too small or something like that. So why do rob roy need to spend all the £ to get a new pitch but rossvale get one built for them? 

So they will still need to rent the pitch from the council i take it. Was there not already a mistake when they originally astroturfed one of the pitches up there, it was too small or something like that. So why do rob roy need to spend all the £ to get a new pitch but rossvale get one built for them? 

Yeah the astroturfed pitch was extremely tight. I played at it at under 16s and it was far too tight for U16s to play on. I'm sure originally they intended to built around that but were told it wasn't suitable. Yeah they probably would still need to rent it but I'm sure EDC would have given them a better deal than Club Glasgow.

I'm not sure tbh, Rob Roy's is costing roughly £5M. KRR are paying roughly half of that with the other half coming from grants and a bit from EDLC

So u going down the tubes just because uz pay for a barrier oh dear

Barrier and hard viewing area. I think the reason being is Rossvale feel being back in bishopbriggs they could attract a better support which could help pay rent to Huntershill, being away will attract less crowds and cost the club more money which could potentially see them operating at a huge loss. I'm not a Rossvale supporter btw

Bishopbriggs to pertershill is not a million miles away if anybody from the Briggs wanted to support the juniors its only a few stops on the bus nothing to do with being back in the Briggs imo they should have sorted all this before it even started if they r looking for extra money Rossvale should just stick a few ££ on every kid they charge per month and that will get what they need just my opinion

Bishopbriggs to pertershill is not a million miles away if anybody from the Briggs wanted to support the juniors its only a few stops on the bus nothing to do with being back in the Briggs imo they should have sorted all this before it even started if they r looking for extra money Rossvale should just stick a few ££ on every kid they charge per month and that will get what they need just my opinion

Yeah I hear what your saying. I agree too I think they've dived in too quick with not enough planning going in to moving into the juniors. It may just not be an interest of the locals in the Briggs to watch them, which is a shame. That's one way to raise the funds but is it fair to ask kids for extra money to sustain a junior team that, let's be honest, less than half of them will get to play for eventually anyway?

Let's face it man Rossvale are a boys club set up .
The most they should be aiming for is producing a top under 21 team and leave it at that.
Getting ideas above their station only leads to the stress and strain and pressure of keeping a semi pro club going financially.
The briggs has never had a semi pro football club for a reason.

I have a boy who plays for the vale he loves it so am no having a go.

I think their amateur side does not too bad and is run quite well. They are a really well known boys club all over Scotland. I think they've tried something and now realising its maybe a case of they've bit off more than they can chew. The junior side rely heavily on sponsors because I don't think the gate money is quite there. Tbh I'm not sure what the attendances are roughly for Rossvale games but from what I hear they aren't very high. Maybe they should have just concentrated on the amateur side and tried to eventually compete with the likes of Harestanes and Colville Park

Your last point is exactly the "funding issues" that were alluded to further up. Parents are now fed up of their monthly direct debits subsidising the Junior side.

1 hour ago, LeeKRR1878 said:

Yeah the astroturfed pitch was extremely tight. I played at it at under 16s and it was far too tight for U16s to play on. I'm sure originally they intended to built around that but were told it wasn't suitable. Yeah they probably would still need to rent it but I'm sure EDC would have given them a better deal than Club Glasgow.

I'm not sure tbh, Rob Roy's is costing roughly £5M. KRR are paying roughly half of that with the other half coming from grants and a bit from EDLC

Figures are wrong again..........

Figures are wrong again..........

Maybe should put in Rob Roy thread but has some relevance here as both EDC Council, here is the information i have sourced bear in mind all funding has been secured .

My understanding for Rob Roy is 3.5 million development

1m council .

1.5 million from Rob Roy

1 million sport Scotland and lottery.

Stadium

Fives pitches

Floodlights

Social club area and balcony

Meeting rooms

Indoor gymnasium.

Rob Roy juniors will be based there on 99 year lease type deal as will all the youth teams and training etc.

I attach Rob Roy article and the huntershill article below. Obviously no mention of Rossvale contributing to huntershill as they had no assets to sell.

6161422d16c646e520b064368d4617c0.jpg

63f435743743c33becfa2254a76f376c.jpg424c570ac996196636de9fe913b34bbf.jpg

Archived