Rossvale Juniors future

LeeKRR1878

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 20:15, holsten said:

I am pretty sure the Juniors are a separate outfit and all funding is off their own back

Yes there will be a central fund that money will go into for the youth set up but I recall reading something on twitter or facebook from Rossvale the the juniors were not funded from the Academy as there was some parents who were spreading rumours that the young kids were paying the Juniors wages

The Academy is a fantastic set up and credit to Ian Grey and all the coaches and volunteers I dont think there is many set ups were there is a team for every age group  for boys and girls from age 5 upto 21s 

I dont know if rossvale are putting any money in to the developement so unless they had an agreement with the council regarding a Junior spec ground prior to  building then they dont have much clout in the matter  

Only thing they could do is threaten to not hire the facilities which I think would make a dent in the councils budget for pitch hire ect, until possibly another set up took over which I dont think there is about there

Only thing they could do is threaten to not hire the facilities which I think would make a dent in the councils budget for pitch hire ect, until possibly another set up took over which I dont think there is about there

I think the council are doing a grand job by themselves, I was quoted £108 to hire the main Astro pitch at Huntershill for two hours for a game and then you have to find a referee say £35 that would be £143 in total to arrange a game for under 19s.  One of my mates say the smaller sized pitch is the same price.  Just way too dear.   I can see a lot of younger youth teams going under not being able to pay that price.

There used to be four pitches before the development now there are 3 and of the 3, one is used and the other astro pitch, smaller, cannot be used as the practice goals at the side don't retract so its dangerous to play a full game there and the grass pitch isn't even sorted yet.  All this and meaning less pitches for teams to play on and a big hike in prices.  I think the Rossvale 99s did the right thing in folding as now the coaches don't need to worry about paying high prices for a pitch at their own home ground.  Is this what Mr Ian Grey envisage when he started Rossvale in 1976 to get kids off the street, I fear and hope not but that is what it is at the moment

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 23:38, Brycie73 said:

I know that at least 5 players have signed and are playing with the juniors 4 of whom played with them at u19 last season and 1 who's been there a couple of seasons and played u17 with Ross Vale the 19's last year had a good relationship with Lauchy and he was very receptive to the 19s training and playing with the juniors when he could the same with the 21s

? relationship with the Rossvale 19s, from last year, which was Rossvale Inter under 19s. They played in one of, if not the strongest under 19s league in Scotland which was the Cumbernauld and Kilsyth league.  Unfortunately I heard they have folded due to most boys doing other things like work etc...

I'm not meaning here to be argumentative but I don't remember hearing of any relationship except for prob just a wee chat here and there.
I watched the u19s train last year a few times especially at the start of the season with Brian and Jimmy coaching and I didn't  see any union structure in regards to joint training with the juniors that I know of.    They might have been a game arranged between the u19s and the junior team but I don't remember hearing anything about it.   If a boy went to train at the juniors it was only for the juniors interest to see if he was good enough to join.  I haven't seen any prof as in bringing them to the juniors for their development and this development should be for quite a while not just a wee week here and there.
I do admit I am curious about this now and will ask a couple of the Rossvale players U19 what they know of any connection that did happen between the 19s and the juniors.

This happens a lot with many conjunctions with junior teams and youth teams, even though they say they are both well connected.  most coaches like to say they are the perfect union as do many Junior fans saying their own junior team has a successful merger with the local youth teams but this is far from reality.

One of the problems that I notice in these junior/youth team conjunctions is the training, (my view), most boys team coaches (not all) train at a standard of what they know or have played in. For example a youth team start by a couple of parents, lets just say the parents played at an amateur level, the parents go for their level 1 coaching badge and then eventually level 2 and learn about understanding etc..and the parents train the kids to play football the way that they know.  As the kids get older they need different standard of training and focus then if a team say in the u17s then becomes connected to a junior team then the youth team needs a certain programme of training to make them understand the process and level of play at the higher/junior level.  The main ways this can be done is either the youth coaches going to watch the junior team train and watch/learn their methods, one of the coaches of the junior team, (if they can be bothered), coming to the youth training session to help coach the boys team or a couple of youth players go with the juniors for a few weeks as well as their own trailing to learn and develop the way the junior team would want.  These in-depth types of connections hardly happen with junior teams, don't get me wrong I'm sure there are a few exceptions, but everyone from the junior team to the youth team should be on the same page.

Archived