Partick Thistle vs Formartine Utd

jagfox

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Tenner is about as much as it should be, not sure I'll ever be back at hospitality under my own dollar, it's not a *bad* day out but once you've done it once that's really it, in this game (in which Azeez will score > 1 and we'll think he's cracked it only to be let down the following Saturday) you're paying £35 plus beer money for a buffet and a comfy seat.

Bit of a shame you can't put the game onto yr Season Ticket and have to pick up the ticket in advance. Maybe we are producing high quality paper tickets to mark the big occasion though.

I go into this game with no expectations of any pumpings being handed out. As someone pointed out already, we were going to destroy Culter by at least double figures and actually were hanging on for the draw, so we should learn our lesson and give Formartine the respect they deserve.

I didn't realise Conor Gethins was playing for Formartine but I see he scored a hat-trick in the previous round.

He is 33 now and has been on the bench most recently, but has spent most of his playing career scoring goals for fun in the Highland League - he was a player who could have been playing at Leagues Two and One quite comfortably IMO.  I haven't seen him play for a couple of years (last spotted a couple of rows in front of me at the panto) but he is a wee centre-forward with great technique and an eye for scoring some cracking chips.

Paul Lawson is my all-time favourite Ross County player and I think he had a good year with them last season, but I don't think he's been playing recently.  Garry Wood is ex-Ross County who had a decent scoring record in a poor Montrose team for a few years and once scored a hat-trick against Stirling in the Scottish Cup.  Scott Ferries was in the County u20s a couple of years ago after being in the Aberdeen youth setup, they played him as winger but I think he plays anywhere these days.

Jamie Masson was an ok prospect at Aberdeen with a handful of starts.  I saw him on loan at Elgin and he was on loan at Brechin as well.  He is a big central midfielder with a belting right foot, I thought he was better than League Two at the time but I guess, like Lawson, he'd rather have a gig in the HL and have a decent full-time job around Aberdeen than tart about the central belt on short term playing deals.

Archived