Albion Rovers v Livingston

We MUST get back to winning ways in the league in this one.

Its a real tough one though, the last game between the teams shows as much, we deservedly lost the last game between the two sides, outplayed really, so this will be very difficult. 

Good to get that win at the weekend, should give the players a boost after a wee slump in form. 

Doesnt look good for Mikey Miller making this game, be interesting to see if we go to a flat 4,4,2 with both Cadden and Mullin playing with Byrne and Pittman in the middle. 

I expect a tight game, and fingers crossed we come out of it the right side of the result. 

I thought it was fine lines in our first game, both times Rovers scored was from breaks up the pitch when we almost scored, bit more clinical in front of goal and it would've went the other way for that result. Rovers played well though and had their tactics spot on to get a win over us, we need to stick with 4 at the back for this game this time or I fear we'll get the same result, far too easy to hit us on the counter when we start pushing for a goal and leave only two or three players back to defend.

We've won our last 5 away games so we're doing well on the road still.

I thought it was fine lines in our first game, both times Rovers scored was from breaks up the pitch when we almost scored, bit more clinical in front of goal and it would've went the other way for that result. Rovers played well though and had their tactics spot on to get a win over us, we need to stick with 4 at the back for this game this time or I fear we'll get the same result, far too easy to hit us on the counter when we start pushing for a goal and leave only two or three players back to defend.

We've won our last 5 away games so we're doing well on the road still.

Overall the last couple of years we have become quite good at absorbing pressure before breaking quick up the park, a few teams have been caught out by this livi, airdrie, and last night queens.

Think it will be a good game interesting to see how it unfolds as livi already don't have the best of records at Cliftonhill.

Just now, Chris_the_rover said:

Overall the last couple of years we have become quite good at absorbing pressure before breaking quick up the park, a few teams have been caught out by this livi, airdrie, and last night queens.

Think it will be a good game interesting to see how it unfolds as livi already don't have the best of records at Cliftonhill.

Yeah Rovers are well organized and it wont be easy to score against them, we need to stay 4 at the back though and not make it so easy for them to hit us on the counter, we played right into your game plan in the last game and got well beaten. Our goal was just a consolation goal and never really looked like we'd come back at you to get a draw.

Expecting a tight game with this one, hopefully Hopkin has learnt something from the last one and isn't so cavalier in his attack, making it so simple for Rovers to hit us on the counter..

So back to league business after last nights cup heroics.

I saw Livi's game at Airdrie at the weekend and after a slow start they stepped things up and finished strongly.

As Bold says above a draw would be a good result. I'll say 1-1

Airdrie is away to Peterhead with cost diesel set me back £50. I think I will go along and watch rovers versus livvy. I expect a close match the rovers are really strong at home going go for 2-1 the rovers got odds 9/1. I think Airdrie might also win 2-1 at Peterhead.

Dreadful game, neither team played much football. 

Harsh penalty but will take it. 

We've won today and I've stuck up for Hoppy and will continue to but today was screaming out for a change, when we eventually done it, bringing Carrick on it made a big difference and if anyone was going to win it would be us. 

As Atlas says, what a strange call bring off Buchanan and bring on Neill but maybe that was to bring on a presence up front, he obviously dropped back when we did score. 

Thats a massive 3 points, it was a dreadful game but the points are all that counts. 

Cadden had his best game for us in a while, my man of the match, deserved his goal.

Loving the wee terrace behind the goals that's been installed at Cliftonhill. 

37 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Taking our best forward off to put on a CB with 5 minutes left, if not for the penalty I may have a bit more to say but that move alone doesn't scream out tactical genius.

Didn't make the game today so can't comment on how things were going and if the tactical change made sense but when I read the twitter updates and saw Buchanan came off for Neill I thought WTF!!!!!!

Was wondering why Mullin wasn't being brought on too and why the substitutions were so late, looked like Hopkin was settling for a draw and not wanting to risk losing the game with his normal substitutions of throwing on attacking players for a defender coming off. Maybe that was his plan and he has learned from the last defeat against Peterhead where we got hit on the counter attack after taking Longridge off.

But we got the penalty and won the game so it all worked out well.

Was a bit worried when I saw Mullen wasn't playing and had a wrist injury, great 3 points against a tough team and without one of our best players. 

Very dogged game. No clear cut chances for either team in the first half but Kelly did make a decent save.
Second half we were all over albion when we started playing the ball on the deck. Pittman was fantastic all game. De Vita was much better in the second half with a couple of lovely touches. We looked more comfortable at the back when Neill came on than we did all game.
For a captain, Crighton just doesn't communicate with his teammates. Really would like to see Neill and Lithgow pairing at some point.

Bucks was unlucky all game. Too many long punts up the park against cbs that were at least a foot taller than him just wasn't going to work.
Carrick was the game changer. De Vita deserved to take the pen but fair play to cadden who again did not impress me at all.

Glad for the 3 points but that was a horrific game.

2 hours ago, LogieLivi said:

Very dogged game. No clear cut chances for either team in the first half but Kelly did make a decent save.
Second half we were all over albion when we started playing the ball on the deck. Pittman was fantastic all game. De Vita was much better in the second half with a couple of lovely touches. We looked more comfortable at the back when Neill came on than we did all game.
For a captain, Crighton just doesn't communicate with his teammates. Really would like to see Neill and Lithgow pairing at some point.

Bucks was unlucky all game. Too many long punts up the park against cbs that were at least a foot taller than him just wasn't going to work.
Carrick was the game changer. De Vita deserved to take the pen but fair play to cadden who again did not impress me at all.

Glad for the 3 points but that was a horrific game.

Strange that Cadden didn't impress. I thought he was one of the better players on show today

Archived