Advertising Update

12 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Jesus, when did these adverts become so bad? It's almost enough to tempt me into a Platinum membership. They really can get themselves directly into the fucking sea.

Well worth going platinum.

I sometimes browse the site from different work computers without logging in, the amount and style of ads are very annoying.

Ok we've agreed to drop the "Pop Up" ad unit from mobile, that should be done today.

We're also implementing a whole new ad system on Friday morning so we'll see how that goes :thumsup2

I know the ads are a pain, but they keep my rock and roll lifestyle going, so just a case of balancing the wants of the advertisers versus the wants of the users.

The user experience is obviously paramount to me, hopefully these steps will help to improve it.

• 5 months later...

Last few days accessing the site on chrome via my phone most times when I check notifications it goes immediately to either a "Facebook satisfaction survey" which I'm assuming is spam and I have to close the tab or it takes me to the Google store to get me to install an app (Coral, Some Print services thing?).

Not the first time this kind of thing has happened but never as regularly as this.

• 3 months later...
On 04/07/2017 at 10:21, Div said:

Ok we've agreed to drop the "Pop Up" ad unit from mobile, that should be done today.

We're also implementing a whole new ad system on Friday morning so we'll see how that goes :thumsup2

I know the ads are a pain, but they keep my rock and roll lifestyle going, so just a case of balancing the wants of the advertisers versus the wants of the users.

The user experience is obviously paramount to me, hopefully these steps will help to improve it.

The banner ads are back to making it difficult to use the menu Div.IMG_1938.thumb.PNG.cf5818663f89b543fbb5b633ad2b319d.PNG

On 15/12/2017 at 13:45, Rodhull said:

Last few days accessing the site on chrome via my phone most times when I check notifications it goes immediately to either a "Facebook satisfaction survey" which I'm assuming is spam and I have to close the tab or it takes me to the Google store to get me to install an app (Coral, Some Print services thing?).

Not the first time this kind of thing has happened but never as regularly as this.

Have you tried  climbing on to the roof to fix it?

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

That's three of the top 1% of the forum's posters reporting it. Should be resolved within the hour if there's any justice.

Genuinely appreciate the two greens on this given the time it now takes to scroll to the reputation vote button.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

That "Sub" ad can get in the fucking sea!

I sea what you did there. ;)

Anyway, in addition to what's been highlighted already, you can't see/click the 'Submit' button when the sub advert is up. 

Capture.thumb.JPG.fc7f449ef500fa195bb1e7b21b2e5fcc.JPG

Edited by Hedgecutter