Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Div

Advertising Update

111 posts in this topic

@Div I have been holding back on this, as all I seem to do is complain about ads, however, the page ads, that do not bother me in the slightest usually, do not go into the background when you click on your notification or mail icon, like this....

image.png

This has been happening for about 2 weeks now, really annoying.

iphone, mobile site.

Edited by johnnydun

Jesus, when did these adverts become so bad? It's almost enough to tempt me into a Platinum membership. They really can get themselves directly into the fucking sea.

Yeah the Kia Picanto adverts in particular are a pain in the arse. 

12 hours ago, jupe1407 said:

Jesus, when did these adverts become so bad? It's almost enough to tempt me into a Platinum membership. They really can get themselves directly into the fucking sea.

Well worth going platinum.

I sometimes browse the site from different work computers without logging in, the amount and style of ads are very annoying.

3 hours ago, Romeo said:

Well worth going platinum.

I sometimes browse the site from different work computers without logging in, the amount and style of ads are very annoying.

Well its serves you right when you should be working. 

Not sure if this is another defect that should be reported but sometimes on smaller resolution screens, the ads are blocking key functionality on the forum such as opening user profile.

I've a follow up call tomorrow with both the Ad agents and the tech guys. Expect some changes soon.

Ok we've agreed to drop the "Pop Up" ad unit from mobile, that should be done today.

We're also implementing a whole new ad system on Friday morning so we'll see how that goes :thumsup2

I know the ads are a pain, but they keep my rock and roll lifestyle going, so just a case of balancing the wants of the advertisers versus the wants of the users.

The user experience is obviously paramount to me, hopefully these steps will help to improve it.

On 28/06/2017 at 00:06, jupe1407 said:

Jesus, when did these adverts become so bad? It's almost enough to tempt me into a Platinum membership.

Hannibal_a-team.jpeg.jpg.fe3e36d4d222365b2d17b96baac78bd4.jpg

Ok we've agreed to drop the "Pop Up" ad unit from mobile, that should be done today.
We're also implementing a whole new ad system on Friday morning so we'll see how that goes :thumsup2
I know the ads are a pain, but they keep my rock and roll lifestyle going, so just a case of balancing the wants of the advertisers versus the wants of the users.
The user experience is obviously paramount to me, hopefully these steps will help to improve it.

Just how much are those strawberries and cream?

££££££££££££££££££s