Advertising Update

Can we be a wee bit more specific when complaining about an ad please. We churn through literally millions of adverts, so what would be good to know;

1) What was the advert for that caused the problem

2) What was the issue caused

3) What sort of device were you on when the issue happened eg; Mobile, Tablet or Desktop

Just telling me the adverts are a pain in the arse doesn't really help me unfortunately.

3 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Every time I come on here I have a Hyundai advert floating up and down my screen, please get it too f**k ! On mobile

Same with the Hyundai and Santander adverts when you come on the site. You click the x to get rid of one and the other comes up.

The large "takeover" ads should be capped at a couple of times a day per IP address.

I've made a change that should now resolve the issue where there has been a problem closing them down.

Please do keep reporting issues, but provide me with as much information as you can, really helps us track down the root cause of problems when they arise :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Last couple of days it's been full screen whisky adverts, literally every page I click on mobile. Same advert. Easy enough to click away but becoming a tedious pain in the arse to do so.

I'll have a look. The big intrusive ads are supposed to be capped.

On Thursday, February 16, 2017 at 20:39, Div said:

Can we be a wee bit more specific when complaining about an ad please. We churn through literally millions of adverts, so what would be good to know;

1) What was the advert for that caused the problem

2) What was the issue caused

3) What sort of device were you on when the issue happened eg; Mobile, Tablet or Desktop

Just telling me the adverts are a pain in the arse doesn't really help me unfortunately.

3 times going into 3 differing threads in the space of ten mins yesterday and that eastenders advert cropped up, full page and the x to close it took a few attempts to click, on mobile site mate

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Div, there is an ad, not a full page one and i don't know what it advertising because it just sits as a black box with a white spinning circle. The problem is none of the rest of the page opens with the only way being to go back a page and depending if that is the advert when you go back, that may not work either.

I hope this makes sense?

iphone, mobile site.

Hi [mention=1]Div[/mention], there is an ad, not a full page one and i don't know what it advertising because it just sits as a black box with a white spinning circle. The problem is none of the rest of the page opens with the only way being to go back a page and depending if that is the advert when you go back, that may not work either.
I hope this makes sense?
iphone, mobile site.

Thanks will have a look and speak to the ad guys.

• 2 weeks later...