Dunfermline v Ayr, Saturday 3rd December

We play all the D's in December.

Dunfermline, Dundee United, Diddies, Dumbarton and finally Doonhamers

Decisive December has a certain ring about it. A win here and it will hopefully set us up for a cracking Christmas time. Would take a point though at a ground where we win about as often as something that isn't very regular

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Win here would give us a massive lift. We were miles ahead of Ayr last season yet are worse off after promotion. Funny old game. 

Go for a 2-1 panto villain-style victory for the Pars under the lights. Fordyce to score the winner and subsequently eat Adams alive. 

It was a challenge from Moore that broke the leg of Fordyce was it not?

After thirteen games last year we were one point behind Ayr, we didn't go above them until December and even then Ayr had a game in hand. They never did make it up though and there endeth the Ayr "title challenge".

If we were to win on Saturday it would only accelerate proceedings, Ayr to finish 18 points behind us NAP.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

After thirteen games last year we were one point behind Ayr, we didn't go above them until December and even then Ayr had a game in hand. They never did make it up though and there endeth the Ayr "title challenge".

If we were to win on Saturday it would only accelerate proceedings, Ayr to finish 18 points behind us NAP.

That's nice x

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It's easy playing attacking football and winning in the diddy league, where are all these points coming from this season. we'll need about 12 points from 22 games to guarantee that we're closer than 18 points, 2 bad spells and we're still doing fine. 

59 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If it's so easy why didn't you do it last season?

IMO we didn't have the squad for it and you did, your mob deservedly won the league comfortably.

This league is far more suitable for our squad whereas your team don't appear to have improved enough to do much more than survive, I'm not saying we will finish up above the Pars but it's evident that our comings and goings have enabled us to close the gap considerably, as it stands, I don't know if either of us will still be here next season but I'm convinced we'd do it comfortably if we made the right 2 additions in the window.

Why do you think we'll finish above you if your squad is much more 'suitable' for this league and we'll barely do enough to survive?

6 hours ago, ayrmad said:

It's easy playing attacking football and winning in the diddy league, where are all these points coming from this season. we'll need about 12 points from 22 games to guarantee that we're closer than 18 points, 2 bad spells and we're still doing fine. 

Saturday was a similar story to last season. Buckie had more possession than us yet we still scored five. As their players ran out of steam we're able to throw on pretty decent, fast attackers. That just doesn't happen in this league. Sandy Clark did an interview last season where he described us not being that interested in possession  for the sake of it - we just want to score goals. 

None of the replacements for Faissal have been as clinical as him and we've not been getting totally horsed - lots of silly, simple mistakes at the back, probably to do with the fact injury and suspension has meant the defence being chopped and changed all the time. 

18 minutes ago, smpar said:

Why do you think we'll finish above you if your squad is much more 'suitable' for this league and we'll barely do enough to survive?

I'm not convinced by our squad as is, I don't think you can go through a season without a decent striker for a start, a decent striker and a n other decent player and we'll be comfortable, if not I think we'll struggle at some point.

We might even already have the 2 players required in the squad, time will tell, Moore has been out injured for ages and those at the club hold young McGuffie in very high regard.

Personally, I don't think last season counts for anything apart from your lot having a more confident attitude against us, the other 96 points available to both are unaffected by last season.

We can just do the "ma da's bigger than your da" routine if it's preferred, I far prefer match threads where people attempt to give a fair appraisal of things no matter how diverse those assessments are.

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Saturday was a similar story to last season. Buckie had more possession than us yet we still scored five. As their players ran out of steam we're able to throw on pretty decent, fast attackers. That just doesn't happen in this league. Sandy Clark did an interview last season where he described us not being that interested in possession  for the sake of it - we just want to score goals. 

None of the replacements for Faissal have been as clinical as him and we've not been getting totally horsed - lots of silly, simple mistakes at the back, probably to do with the fact injury and suspension has meant the defence being chopped and changed all the time. 

A far better view of your own team than I can give, from experience it can be very hard to eradicate the mistakes and eventually it has a negative effect on the players.

19 hours ago, Honestmen said:

Poorest performance this season, not sure we were interested.

Pars (poor defence) 0-2 Ayr (no strikers)    AJ factor setting in, it's now his shit team

That old chestnut eh.

Not sure why Ayr should have any confidence. Not won in over a month. Saying that I fully expect you to beat Brechin tonight if it goes ahead.

Starts a run of four really important games for us. 3/4 are against the three teams that are currently below us so it's really important we pick up some points and create a gap.

If we have a close to fully fit squad, I would fancy us to make a good account of ourselves. In saying that, Dunfermline at East End Park is always a hard one. I would take a draw.

5 hours ago, JFPar said:

That old chestnut eh.

Not sure why Ayr should have any confidence. Not won in over a month. Saying that I fully expect you to beat Brechin tonight if it goes ahead.

St Mirren game aside would anyone have expected us to take any more points than we did this month?

As for the St Mirren game. I would rather have been out that wretched competition before it even began. They, or anyone else for that matter can beat us as often as they like in it. 

Archived