Fordyce
Talbot

Higginbotham
Wedderburn
McCabe
McMullan

Clark
Farid

That's how I reckon AJ will go. Didn't see the Buckie game, but thought McCabe had one of his better performances at St Mirren so I think he'll keep his place.

That still leaves us options from the bench with Herron, Cardle and Moffat.

The game will finish 2-1 to either team, with a late winner.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, somerset_lad00 said:

I would be worried if Boyle played.

Pretty much anyone there is a worry.  I think Meggatt in the middle or not at all though. 

We have looked more dangerous when O'Connell has played so I'd be inclined to give him a bit of a run.
Nesbit has been ok but him not being allowed to play in the Scottish Cup might mean he's going back to Patrick anyway, I'd rather develop a player we own.
Although going by the Micky Donald formula, good game off the bench = horrific from the start the following week

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I don't think how someone played against Buckie Thistle is a fair barometer. 

While that's certainly true to an extent, I don't think dropping one of the few players who actually played well on Saturday (the others being Martin and McMullan) would be fair. Especially since Farid hadn't exactly been setting the heather alight. Fair enough if he was banging in the goals left, right and centre and was just rested but he's not and wasn't. 

Farid is the only option when our midfield are non existent, playing him allows our hopeless punts from defence to actually be turned into possesion.

Defence just about picks itself, sounds like Duthie didn't do enough to be considered to start ahead of Talbot so our 4 fit senior defenders will need to play.

Big fan of herron and don't think he and McCabe (for fucks sake McCabe to give his full name) can play together as our only central midfielderS(and 5 in midfeild is far too radical for AJ) even though Rhys has stepped up his game recently.

Think McMillan deserves a start but tbh I don't think it matters who starts on the wing, they are all capable and it just depends on who gets out on the right side of the bed.

Given that I'd go with

Murdoch [emoji173]
Martin
Fordyce
Ashcroft
Talbot

McMullan
Wedderburn
Herron
Paton/cardle/higgy

Clark
Farid

19 minutes ago, Panda Pies said:

Is that moff's pillow talk this morning Shandon? emoji6.png

Moff just doesn't do it for me in that way. I find his thighs a bit intimidating.

0-0 still seems likely. Ayr's midfield should mean we get no service to our strikers and with our pretty rugged back four with big Wedderburn protecting them Ayr might not be able to do much with the extra possession. 

0-0 or 6-5.

Archived